: Crystal Ball... Deals on STS next year or so..

Greg00coupe
07-30-10, 12:44 PM
I have an 05 that I bought got off lease $62K sticker..... paid a lot less.

The car has been great not one problem. Same can be said for my '00 STS.

So I'm thinking in a year or so when I'm closer to retirement (you know you think different when that happens) to move up to a newer model.

The question is when the last model year rolls out will there be significant discounts OR will a used STS be discounted even more???? I'm thinking a '11 or '10 model will be very reliable....... all the bugs worked out and it could provide 10 years of carefree driving to a retiree as he criss crosses the country.

Lifer
07-30-10, 04:05 PM
The STS you have will be worth serious money - if fully equipped and a V8... in about 15 years, or maybe longer. As a classic.

Meanwhile, keep it serviced, keep it waxed, and keep it dry. It is still a hell of a fine car and is good for many years of service.

turnne
08-03-10, 07:40 AM
The STS you have will be worth serious money - if fully equipped and a V8... in about 15 years, or maybe longer. As a classic.

Meanwhile, keep it serviced, keep it waxed, and keep it dry. It is still a hell of a fine car and is good for many years of service.

I would tend to doubt that...just based on the fact that the older body style can be bought VERY cheaply. These cars don't change in used car value retention...its not good
I bought an 05 V8 AWD with every option that was factory available( 67K sticker) in 2009 w/54K from a local Cadillac dealer for $18,750

Seems like the price for V8( over V6) cars is not anywhere the difference when they were new

That being said and to answer the original posters question
I think they will be available on the used car market very cheaply( relatively speaking)...and if you wait a year or so after they are discontinued the values will start to drop on the used cars even faster

Warren