: Need your advice

BEASTYCTS-V
07-29-10, 03:00 PM
Hello,

I'm newbie here and trying to purchase slightly used 2009 CTS-V from the dealer. They are asking $52,000 + tax for 3500miles on the car(fully equipped with MT), is this reasonable price?

Currently, I own 2006 Z06 but I need to have the car with same genetic that fit my whole family. :yup:

Yr advice will be highly appreciated.

Beasycts-v,

mugatu22
07-29-10, 03:19 PM
Just FYI...

Depending upon your financial situation, you could consider purchasing brand new ('10) and use GM's special 72mo/0% financing and have a brand new car, with no financing fees (free $$$) on a new car VS 5-6% on a used car loan. Last I checked this was still going on.

BTW their $52k asking price sounds very good.

BEASTYCTS-V
07-29-10, 05:13 PM
New car with options that this car has will top $62000 - 64000, then I rather get a loan from the local bank and buy this car. I also think that price of this car is reasonable.

Thank you for the comment !

beastyctv-v,

newcadman
07-29-10, 05:33 PM
Always good I find to go autotrader.com and do a search.
At the bottom of page 1 don't forget to one click on the section "need more search options". When you get to page 2 don't forget to punch in the letter "V" where it says "keywords section".
Even though these are "internet prices " you will find you should still be able to deal.
Always good to shop and compare and good luck.

LFTW8S
07-29-10, 05:41 PM
Hello,

I'm newbie here and trying to purchase slightly used 2009 CTS-V from the dealer. They are asking $52,000 + tax for 3500miles on the car(fully equipped with MT), is this reasonable price?

Currently, I own 2006 Z06 but I need to have the car with same genetic that fit my whole family. :yup:

Yr advice will be highly appreciated.

Beasycts-v,

Does it have Racaros?

cbloveday
07-29-10, 05:44 PM
Does it have Racaros?

Does it have ambient lighting? :histeric:

BEASTYCTS-V
07-29-10, 07:06 PM
Yes, with recaro seats with sued steering wheel & shift knob.

LFTW8S
07-29-10, 07:19 PM
Does it have ambient lighting? :histeric:

Really?

LFTW8S
07-29-10, 07:20 PM
Yes, with recaro seats with sued steering wheel & shift knob.

Seems like a nice deal.

carz80am
07-29-10, 09:31 PM
52k seems fair since it has low miles and all the options. Buy it tomorrow or sat and you may get a better deal since it will be the end of the month, also may depend on how long the dealership has had it. Prices have been coming down the last few weeks as I have been watching them closely and bought my 09 v auto with 13k miles for 49 this past weekend. Also, you may want to check the first in service date to see when the warranty expires, if it was an early model the warranty may expire in 08, that was something I was concerned with. Good luck

Tony407
07-29-10, 10:55 PM
Also, you may want to check the first in service date to see when the warranty expires, if it was an early model the warranty may expire in 08, that was something I was concerned with. Good luck

How can the warranty expire in 2008 if the car is a 2009? Must be a typo.

At any rate, Beasty you might want to check the service records to see if it's been in for any work. Many times with a car that new with so few miles on it and being up for sale, it's possible it might have some issues - hence the reason someone got rid of it. Just a thought.

Tony

baabootoo
07-30-10, 12:11 AM
If you like the color, jump on it. I thought with ALL options it was closer to $68K+?

carz80am
07-30-10, 11:35 AM
Warranty expires 4 years/50k miles from in service date. If the car was produced/sold/serviced in late 08, the warranty would expire 4 years from that date even if its an 09. I had that issue with one of my escalades. Always can call your local caddy dealer for the exact date.

Tony407
07-30-10, 01:58 PM
Warranty expires 4 years/50k miles from in service date. If the car was produced/sold/serviced in late 08, the warranty would expire 4 years from that date even if its an 09. I had that issue with one of my escalades. Always can call your local caddy dealer for the exact date.

Okay, I think we can all agree with this. I just wanted to make sure you knew it's 2010, not 2004. :D

Tony

BEASTYCTS-V
07-30-10, 02:06 PM
Thanks Guys,

I just wonder do you prefer stick shift or auto? I know auto is faster. just a curiosity .....

CTSVeee
07-30-10, 02:21 PM
Thanks Guys,

I just wonder do you prefer stick shift or auto? I know auto is faster. just a curiosity .....
I traded in my manual C6 for an auto-V. I really don't miss the manual, never thought I'd say that.

I also agree with what others have said, this is a good price.

Also, I think buying new, even though you are paying more, is a better long term deal. As others said, you can get 0% for 72 months and have a brand new car for the same money.

wfo
07-30-10, 04:03 PM
What options..Recaros? If so, sounds like a great deal. Clean car fax of course.

Tony407
07-30-10, 04:34 PM
Thanks Guys,

Oh....this should be good.

:food-snacking:

Tony

mugatu22
07-30-10, 04:52 PM
Despite the "buffoon" status endowed upon me by a pompous member here, I'm pleased to have given the first helpful response on this thread...one that many of you echoed.

If there's even a question about which transmission to get, get the auto. If you wanted the 6spd manual, you'd have never asked the question...that's a "gotta have it" or not kinda thing, usually!

TMC CL65
07-30-10, 05:22 PM
Despite the "buffoon" status endowed upon me by a pompous member here, I'm pleased to have given the first helpful response on this thread...one that many of you echoed.

If there's even a question about which transmission to get, get the auto. If you wanted the 6spd manual, you'd have never asked the question...that's a "gotta have it" or not kinda thing, usually!

At least I bestowed that status upon you (and you now endowed me with "pompous member").... however... you really shouldn't pat yourself on the back for giving the "first helpful response on this thread"...otherwise you might lay claim to my coveted "pompous member" status... :bighead:

Tom

RapidRob
07-30-10, 06:32 PM
^^^ Wow - pompous AND a buffoon - gettin close to a full deck.:suspect:

Rob