: Extended warranty ???

malsom
07-28-10, 10:12 PM
How do forum members feel about extended warranty's. I have a 2008 STS4 that only has 3k miles on it. This car warranty was activated 18 months ago. The dealers push them and I am starting to receive offers in the mail. I have never purchased one in the past and have been lucky. I am sitting on the fence on this one because of all the electronics and nav. system. I realize they are very expensive and VERY PROFITABLE for the for the seller (100% markup). If I did go this route, I would purchase it from my GM dealer. Open to input. Leo

caddyfat2
07-28-10, 10:45 PM
I purchased my 05 1SG STS4 two years ago with 42K miles on it and after about 30 days it started going to the dealer with lots a little nagging problems like peeling start button,both headlights fogging up, ash trays sticking closed and the likes. Now the airbag service light is on again for the second time within a year. Well all I can say is : DON'T GET CAUGHT WITHOUT ONE. ( The prices to fix things on our car is out of this world.)

chagrin falls
07-28-10, 11:26 PM
You still have 30 months or 47,000 miles left on your factory warranty-which ever comes first. There is no point in buying an extended warranty until a month or so before your factory warranty expires. Stick with the GM warranty when the time comes-but do shop around as prices vary among dealers. I am in Ohio and purchased my extended warranty through a dealer in michigan. The price difference was worth shopping for.

caddyfat1
07-29-10, 07:24 AM
You still have 30 months or 47,000 miles left on your factory warranty-which ever comes first. There is no point in buying an extended warranty until a month or so before your factory warranty expires. Stick with the GM warranty when the time comes-but do shop around as prices vary among dealers. I am in Ohio and purchased my extended warranty through a dealer in michigan. The price difference was worth shopping for.

Darn good advice.:worship: