: Should I wait for a 2011 SRX?

Dean5101
07-28-10, 04:02 PM
With the addition of the free maintenance, the key fob auto unlock of doors, controlling your vehicle from your smartphone and all the problems the 2010s are having, would I be better off just getting a 2011 luxury instead of a 2010 premium?

I'm sure 2011 will have issues, but the horror stories of the battery drain, struts, ac, and trim are all kinda making me want to wait a few months for the 2011 to come out.. Also I'd probably give up the ventilated seats and the rear heated seats of the premium... what do you guys think?

Willo
07-28-10, 04:30 PM
Here's a way to look at your question. Unless you definitely plan on getting an IPhone app to remotely perform certain functions....if you absolutely find that walking up to the car and having it auto-unlock as opposed to pressing ONE button on the radio-fob, you may make a much better deal right now at a dealer who wants to clear his floor plan 2010 models for the 2011's.

There aren't any serious issues with the 2010's...what "bugs" there were have been easily and quickly taken care of by the dealers (mostly software, anyway and that pesky chrome strip near the outside rear view mirrors). I've been driving my SRX since January...with a November 09 build date and have encountered no serious issues. In fact, as first-model year vehicles go, it's been practically trouble free from factory defects.

Any car from any year can have problems...it's the nature of anything mechanical.

On the issue of the free maintenance, that can be a negotiating point with the salesperson. I'm certain if they want to sell you a car, the expected cost could likely be deducted from the price. Remember, GM's wholesale on maintenance items is much less than you pay for service costs, so this is a good incentive to chose Cadillac and make it a point of negotiation.

You just may get an awesome deal with the right dealer. Go for a 2010 if you want it now...or wait...but the price in 4 months may not be the same as it is now. This is a pretty hot product...so discounts aren't as deep. If I could save a large sum, I'd put up with not having an Iphone app or going to the "trouble" of having to press a button to get into the car!

Dean5101
07-28-10, 04:46 PM
For the iPhone app I like having the luxury of starting my car from within my office during the summer/winter in Chicago (no windows where I work). Also I am pretty forgetful and like having the option of just going to the app on the phone and locking the doors. I also forget where I park a lot and sometimes without clear LOS I'd like to have the iPhone honk the horn to let me know where my car is. :)

I'm going to the dealer today and will try to swing a home run with the 4 year/50k maintenance plan as well as cross bars for the roof rails as well as a trailer hitch, but will voice my concerns on waiting for a 2011.

Like you said, right now, price is a pretty nice incentive to get a 2010 they quoted me at is $43.2k (with all of my incentives).

sube5186
07-28-10, 05:22 PM
For the iPhone app I like having the luxury of starting my car from within my office during the summer/winter in Chicago (no windows where I work).

You may want to rethink this one. For security reasons you may not want to start your car when it's not visible to you, especially in a large metropolitan area. Even though no one can drive off without unlocking the system via the remote, thieves don't know this. They may smash your windows trying to steal the vehicle, only to realize they can't.

Sube

larryk
07-28-10, 05:37 PM
Maybe on the 2011's they will have fixed the memory seats...

Dean5101
07-28-10, 11:15 PM
Tried to buy a 2010 SRX AWD premium today, dealer would not throw in the 4 yr 50k maint. plan. Said he couldn't and that it was controlled by GM.

shockwave88
07-28-10, 11:52 PM
So the starting and locking and what not from yoiur smartphone can be only with the iphone app?

cz9h3d
07-29-10, 10:09 AM
Tried to buy a 2010 SRX AWD premium today, dealer would not throw in the 4 yr 50k maint. plan. Said he couldn't and that it was controlled by GM.

Ha ha ha!

No idea what the dealer cost is on this plan, and whether it's realistic to think he'd be willing to make less on your vehicle to cover this cost. Obviously it is not a good deal for him given current SRX supply/demand, so he doesn't want to do it.

sube5186
07-29-10, 11:48 AM
So the starting and locking and what not from yoiur smartphone can be only with the iphone app?

I believe the article just says "app". We all know that due to its popularity, the iPhone will get the app first. Although, there will probably be an Android app soon to follow, if not at the same time. The app doesn't do anything the remote won't. The included remote starts the engine, locks/unlocks doors, raises or lowers the liftgate, beeps the horn and flashes the lights and lowers the windows (don't believe the app does that, nor should it). The only difference is the app will do those things regardless of range. The signal would come from OnStar via satellite. The remote has a 200 ft. range limitation. Personally, I have no desire to do any of those things unless my vehicle is within sight, so I'd have no use for the app. As I mentioned earlier, for me it would just be something to impress my tech savvy friends. :)

Sube

Smokin' SRX
08-04-10, 11:19 AM
For the iPhone app I like having the luxury of starting my car from within my office during the summer/winter in Chicago (no windows where I work). Also I am pretty forgetful and like having the option of just going to the app on the phone and locking the doors. I also forget where I park a lot and sometimes without clear LOS I'd like to have the iPhone honk the horn to let me know where my car is. :)

I'm going to the dealer today and will try to swing a home run with the 4 year/50k maintenance plan as well as cross bars for the roof rails as well as a trailer hitch, but will voice my concerns on waiting for a 2011.

Like you said, right now, price is a pretty nice incentive to get a 2010 they quoted me at is $43.2k (with all of my incentives).

If you can get a Premium 2010 SRX ( especially an AWD) at that price grab it! I negotiated a 2010 Performance, ( Platinum Ice paint option @$995) w/ 2 years Oil/rotation (thrown in free!) for $ 46.1K (about $1600 off MSRP) Plus $1K Conquest = $45.1K plus tax. (I also had $1K in GM points but he didn't know that till end) The 2011 are a few hundred ( at least ) higher I hear. And NO Conquest $$ available. Balanced out somewhat by the free maintenance I guess.

With mine, there were already 3 people lined up to buy/drive it! Had just come off the trailer, when Dealer buddy called me. This was about 3 weeks ago. You can see my album on this forum. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/members/smokin-srx-albums-2010-platinum-ice.html

JIMHO, Good luck!

SS