: Turn-By-Turn

bbshriver
07-28-10, 01:35 PM
Does a 2005 with the digital upgrade support "turn by turn" navigation, and eNav etc?
Anyone tried it?

next2pool
07-28-10, 01:54 PM
Does a 2005 with the digital upgrade support "turn by turn" navigation, and eNav etc?
Anyone tried it?

Unfortunately no. It was introduced in 2008 but works back to the 2007 generation. You can get a hybrid version where they download a recorded version, but you have to keep bringing the recording up on virtual advisor and listen to it as it gets to your current location--I tried it once and it was useless.

bbshriver
07-28-10, 02:03 PM
That sounds pointless. What changed in 2007?
I figured the digital upgrade would cover it.

Of course I still want to find a 2007 Platinum eventually so maybe I'll keep looking.

I was just checking too on the new OnStar via phone (app for smartphone), but it will only work with 2011 and up.

caddyfat1
07-28-10, 02:03 PM
I have turn by turn navi from my OnStar but never used it seeing my onboard navi never have let me down.

next2pool
07-28-10, 03:09 PM
I have turn by turn navi from my OnStar but never used it seeing my onboard navi never have let me down.

If you have it with the Nav unit, you can google or mapquest an address and it will also download directly to your Nav--saves having to push a lot of buttons. I'm assuming you have an o7 or later. The 07 went to a newer gen system than the 06

next2pool
07-28-10, 03:10 PM
That sounds pointless. What changed in 2007?
I figured the digital upgrade would cover it.

Of course I still want to find a 2007 Platinum eventually so maybe I'll keep looking.

I was just checking too on the new OnStar via phone (app for smartphone), but it will only work with 2011 and up.

The 07 brought in a newer gen of Onstar.

caddyfat2
07-29-10, 12:16 AM
If you have it with the Nav unit, you can google or mapquest an address and it will also download directly to your Nav--saves having to push a lot of buttons. I'm assuming you have an o7 or later. The 07 went to a newer gen system than the 06

next2pool you are correct.:highfive: but I have an 05 (digital of course)an the OnStar advisor told me that I have the capabilities to do it.