: Car Fax check

TimmyC
07-27-10, 09:34 PM
It seems that carfax has raised the price of their little reports to cover that stupid Car Fox's salary. I need a report so I'll see if someone can help me out here first. Here is the VIN: 1g6dc67a570179546.

Thanks in advance!

05awdupstater
07-28-10, 11:05 AM
Timmy, Carfax shows SALVAGE TITLE and Air bag deployed. Owner 2 had an accident. Owner 3 had total loss. Might want to keep looking.

kschwed
07-28-10, 04:01 PM
Timmy, Carfax shows SALVAGE TITLE and Air bag deployed. Owner 2 had an accident. Owner 3 had total loss. Might want to keep looking.

Breeeet.... Dont buy that garbage.

malatu
07-28-10, 05:07 PM
Breeeet.... Dont buy that garbage.

Dude .... spring for a carfax .. they ain't that expensive.

dkozloski
07-29-10, 01:06 AM
If you don't have a lot of extra money to throw around you have no business owning a Cadillac.

kschwed
07-29-10, 01:54 PM
If you don't have a lot of extra money to throw around you have no business owning a Cadillac.

If you dont have a lot of extra money to throw around, you wont have your cadillac for long.

TimmyC
07-29-10, 07:32 PM
Forget it.

kadiLacDaddy
07-29-10, 11:49 PM
WOW i didnt know it was soo wrong to try to get something for free .... isnt that what this forum is for? to help eachother out?

damn

next2pool
07-30-10, 01:50 AM
WOW i didnt know it was soo wrong to try to get something for free .... isnt that what this forum is for? to help eachother out?

damn

I know--there's a whole faction here that likes to sit back and make smart ass remarks without trying to help in the least. i consider it their problem.

Force-1
07-30-10, 09:18 AM
On several other forums I belong to, it's against the rules to give Car Fax info--results in thread being locked.

malatu
07-30-10, 01:10 PM
On several other forums I belong to, it's against the rules to give Car Fax info--results in thread being locked.

It's like asking, "Hey, I don't want to pay for an oil change, would anyone like to come over and change my oil for me ... and don't for get to bring the oil and filter too."

TimmyC
07-30-10, 07:37 PM
It's like asking, "Hey, I don't want to pay for an oil change, would anyone like to come over and change my oil for me ... and don't for get to bring the oil and filter too."

It's really not like that at all unless that oil and filter are going to vanish if not used in the next couple weeks. Lots of people purchase five or ten Carfax reports but only use a few. Then the unused ones expire and they get nothing. Carfax got paid for the report so why do people get all pissy about it? I've used my extra reports for people on forums I'm on before.

Force-1
07-30-10, 08:43 PM
Carfax customer agreement:

I agree to pay a one-time charge of $44.99 (USD) plus applicable sales tax in the following states: CT, DC, HI, NJ, NM, NY, SC, SD, TX, WA and WV, according to my card issuer agreement. This 5 CARFAX Reports Plan is valid for 60 days from the date of purchase, and is intended for my personal use only. Commercial use, resale and redistribution of CARFAX Reports is strictly prohibited.

kadiLacDaddy
07-31-10, 01:00 AM
lol who do you work for ? lol the obama administration? jesus christ

EChas3
08-07-10, 09:46 PM
No harm in asking. No crime in urging self-reliance. If a seller won't provide one, what else are they hiding?

Loren
08-09-10, 10:57 AM
Before you decide to pop for that CarFax report you might want to read this article from Consumer affairs.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/10/carfax_facts.html

On the personal side I had an accident several years ago in my Mercury Grand Marquis, collision damage to the left front, left drivers door and left passenger door to the tune of more than $5000 bucks. When I picked up the car from the shop I said something about it being on carfax now. The manager, who was with me as I checked out the body shop's work assured me that they don't report anything to carfax. Not a fly by night repair facility either, my insurance company,USAA, told me to take it there. Go from there.

sapien
08-09-10, 08:45 PM
here's another one worth reading http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/used-cars/reliability/reality-check-how-useful-are-used-car-history-reports/overview/
seems carfax can be hit or miss, doesn't hurt to check it if a dealer has it available. if nothing else basic salvage/total loss info can be checked for free at nicb.org