: Recalibrating TPS

goatcop
07-27-10, 03:35 PM
I took my SRX into the dealer and had two 20" chrome tech wheels replaced because I discovered after taking delivery that they were scratched. On the way home from the dealer, the Service Tire Monitor System warning popped up on the dash. The dealer said I could bring it back because the technician must not have re-calibrated the system when installing the new wheels. Or, he said I could do it home by letting out the air in the tires starting with the left front working clockwise while I'm activated the information system on the turn signal stalk. Can anybody post the steps so I can do it right? I really don't want to make the trip back to the dealer (not close by) or have to be on the phone with the service adviser while I write down the steps - hopefully correctly. Never had this problem on my last DTS when changing tires or rotating them.

goatcop
07-27-10, 05:43 PM
Disregard any further - I found the written instructions in the owner's manual. I never expected Cadillac to provide that information in the manual. It worked just liked described and corrected the issue.

TheCaptain
07-28-10, 01:37 AM
It's pretty cool, the SRX kicks a signal light on in the corner you are supposed to be working on. I re-calibrated mine after a rotation because i was unsure if the dealer did it or not.