: STS-V/STS Lowering spring purchase?

550HP STSV
07-27-10, 12:54 PM
Anyone have a good source to purchase lowering springs for the STS/STS-V? D3's price of $400 is kinda crazy. http://sixtomotorsports.com/ has them for $294, but I cannot get them to sell them to me. Ive tried to contact the dude for 4 days and pay for it, and I keep getting brushed off.

Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Cataract
07-27-10, 01:03 PM
They usually have the springs on Ebay, but I do not believe they have the bushings/washers (whatever they are) for the self-leveling shocks. Someone had mentioned you could buy the bushings from D3 separate for pretty cheap. Maybe get some ebay springs and D3 add on?

550HP STSV
07-27-10, 01:35 PM
I bought 2 sets of spacers from D3. WHere do you see the springs? I cannot find them on ebay, or anywhere else.

Cataract
07-27-10, 01:40 PM
Yea, I couldnt find them on ebay currently, but they usually have a few.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=4AT&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=b%26G+springs+cadillac+sts-v&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=fQtPTOSeBpOgnQfC1sGrBw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CDcQrQQwAg

$330.. a little better than $400

Maybe someone could verify these are the same ones? I am pretty sure they were all B&G springs.

550HP STSV
07-27-10, 03:02 PM
The first set was intrax WHICH SUCKED. B&G are the current springs, which I hear are very good. I have a source that sells them for $290 that I ended up ordering them from online - coopscustoms.com. use promotion code EXTRA5 to save 5% off the total. which comes to 290 shipped.

Dr. Design
07-27-10, 03:54 PM
Hello,
Unfortunately you are trying to purchase through unauthorized vendors without access to our products. That price is well below our MSRP and any deal like that WILL NOT BE PROCESSED through D3 or B+G. There will also be no product support or warranty support if purchased through an unauthorized retail unit selling our products on the grey market.

We will have a post up shortly with a special spring sale we are offering. You might be interested in taking advantage of that as all warranty and product support would take place through D3 authorized purchases.

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

bubba-v
07-27-10, 04:49 PM
What if all I want is just the springs. Could you deduct product support and warranty from the price?

550HP STSV
07-27-10, 05:27 PM
i also would be interested in no support and warranty, and puchase from you for $300. Thats $10 more expensive than some of your competitors.

Dr. Design
07-27-10, 05:46 PM
Gentlemen,
Please note the MSRP of this product is $450 plus shipping. If you look we have another post that we have offered a special discounted price. As for the no support or warranty, I am sorry that is not how it works.... Support and warranty are not line items or tangible products we can put into a box. They are a service that is expected by our customers when placing an order for our products.

As for the "competitors" pricing. As mentioned before that price is incorrect and would not be honored by D3 nor B+G, period. The MSRP is $450. There is no other price unless listed by D3 either on the www.d3cadillac.com website or posted here on the forums for the community.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

coach123
07-27-10, 08:42 PM
Dr. Design this is somewhat off the topic of this thread but take a look at the throttle body thread. Can you shed some light on throttle body swaps or modifications? Did you look into this when developing products for the STSV. Your past experience would be appreciated by all. Please post in throttle body thread.

chrisngo
07-30-10, 05:08 PM
Guys,

You cannot buy the springs from places other than D3. D3 has an agreement with B&G. You can call B&G dealers, but they will not sell them to you.

This makes sense for both B&G and D3. B&G does not have to heavily focus its resources on the STS-V market since D3 does that for them. In return, D3 gains exclusive rights to the springs. It's all business...

I rep a shop that is authorized for D3 parts.
Chris

Dr. Design
07-30-10, 07:24 PM
This is correct. We have a variety of aftermarket shops that can sell the springs, but all orders are processed through D3 as it is our spring and part number. As Chris has mentioned you can purchase through dealers of D3 products, no problem. They all have MAP pricing they abide towards.

This will ensure the integrity of the product as well as the value of the product.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Guys,

You cannot buy the springs from places other than D3. D3 has an agreement with B&G. You can call B&G dealers, but they will not sell them to you.

This makes sense for both B&G and D3. B&G does not have to heavily focus its resources on the STS-V market since D3 does that for them. In return, D3 gains exclusive rights to the springs. It's all business...

I rep a shop that is authorized for D3 parts.
Chris