: Blind spot mirrors for my SRX

bobarry
07-26-10, 08:05 PM
I noticed these add-on mirrors briefly on my test drive of a Lincoln MKX and wonder if anyone has added them to the SRX?

I see all sizes, etc available on both ebay and at autozone - very reasonably priced. I'm looking for a small one that looks OK and works. :)

I'm assuming they can be added without damage to the car mirrors.

Input?

Bo

doctormstein1
07-27-10, 06:50 PM
Just a little trick to eliminate blind spots on your SRX. First put you head to the left all the way onto the drivers side window. Now push your rear view mirrors all the way left until you Barely see the side of your car. Next, Put your head as far to the right as possible and again adjust your right rear view mirror out so you Barely see the side of your car again. Now most of your blind spots should be eliminated. You should know that the rear view mirrors should not be used just to look at cars behind you, it should be used to see cars coming up on both sides of your car so you can safely make a decision about possible changing lanes and safety. Good luck

bobarry
07-27-10, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the tip. That's about what I do, except I keep my head in one position. I'll give it a try.

What I do now when changing lanes is physically lean forward and check the mirrors again.

My Saturn Sky is full of blind spots and after almost swiping someone when I first got it, I'm kinda shy about changing lanes.

I have seen the little add-on mirrors but never have heard any testimony on their value.

Bo

sube5186
07-28-10, 11:54 AM
I don't understand why GM didn't put a blind spot detection system on the SRX. A premium vehicle at this level should definitely have this feature.

Sube

Smokin' SRX
07-30-10, 12:42 AM
I put the round blind spot mirrors on both sides . They are a life saver! U could adjust as mentioned above but I use them for parking also and like seing the side of the SRX right there. Get at least a 3" size or the image is useless. Put them to extreme outside og OEM mirror glass.
Want me to post pix?
Wish it had blind spot system also.....

SS

bullshark
07-30-10, 01:42 AM
I'm bit disappointed that SRX has no blind spot indicator, the new grand Cherokee and Explorer all offer this on Limited and Overland.

stealth97
07-30-10, 03:13 AM
Smokin', can you post some pics please? Thanks.

Smokin' SRX
07-30-10, 08:10 AM
Smokin', can you post some pics please? Thanks.

Looks like I unitentionally did already! See my album, 3rd pix.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1586

SS

Gee Gee
07-30-10, 10:19 AM
I had these on my G35 sedan, and my first day in my SRX when I almost took someone out, I immed. ran out to get more for her big ol' mirrors! You have to look around, but they make some nicer ones that turn, so you can adjust it to your liking! Wouldn't be without them!

bobarry
07-30-10, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I assume there is sufficient clearance for them when the mirrors rotate downward while in reverse.

I thought they were fixed, glued on and not adjustable. Gonna go looking.

What's the references to a blind spot SYSTEM? I thought the funny mirrors were the only option.

Bo

Smokin' SRX
07-31-10, 10:06 AM
Some insight (pun intended!) these mirrors do clear. Mount with some scotch tape temp where u want them to be sure. But why even use the "look down in reverse" feature with these? EVERYTHING u need to back up will be there already.

A must have if my humble opinion.....

enjoy your weekend in that fine SRX :cool:

SS