: Space Saver (biscuit) Wheel

ExRPO1
07-26-10, 06:35 PM
Rotated my wheels from back to front yesterday (25 July) and used my SAAB 93 space saver wheel that I bought 'as new' from a 2007 93, for the tidy price of 40 quid. It is the exact correct space saving wheel/tyre as detailed in the handbook. I even took it for a short drive with the thing on the back between wheel changes. Looked so funny seeing as it is half the width of the proper wheel. Car sat evenly balanced on level ground despite its 16 inch rim. You just have to make sure that the tyre is inflated correctly to 60 psi. Car handled well and certainly didn't give me a fright. In mho, you've got a spare wheel well, may as well use it for its intended purpose and ditch the tyre foam!

billynic
08-09-10, 07:39 AM
Rotated my wheels from back to front yesterday (25 July) and used my SAAB 93 space saver wheel that I bought 'as new' from a 2007 93, for the tidy price of 40 quid. It is the exact correct space saving wheel/tyre as detailed in the handbook. I even took it for a short drive with the thing on the back between wheel changes. Looked so funny seeing as it is half the width of the proper wheel. Car sat evenly balanced on level ground despite its 16 inch rim. You just have to make sure that the tyre is inflated correctly to 60 psi. Car handled well and certainly didn't give me a fright. In mho, you've got a spare wheel well, may as well use it for its intended purpose and ditch the tyre foam!

ExRPO1
08-27-10, 05:42 PM
billynic

you went and got me so blinking annoyed about the alloy wheel spare, I went and got one off ebay too. There's a wrecked BLS on there at the moment which I've had a alloy with tyre (Goodyear 5ml of tread on it) off it. The wheel is in 'as new' condition, came off the back of the car coz the front got burnt!
So if anyone wants to buy my 'like new' Saab space saver, PM me coz otherwise it will just sit in the garage for ever.

MILLWALLFC
09-09-10, 06:53 PM
Don't suppose you have a link and contact details, how much did you pay. I have just got a second hand car but there was no tyre foam either.

ExRPO1
09-17-10, 03:20 PM
MILLWALLFC,

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying, just got back off hols. Just type in Cadillac BLS on Ebay and press on car parts when the Caddy stuff comes up. The vehicle I got my parts off is a black model and the roof aerial is advertised as the advert pull in. I paid 80 for the alloy which came off the back as the front has been destroyed by fire. The wheel I received is original and was in "as new" unmarked condition. Tyre in good condition too with about 5mm of tread left. Be aware though, that the wheels on this vehicle are 16 inch. My own are 17 inch. It doesn't matter to me though, it's fine as a spare. The salvage place were brilliant and despatched the wheel and other parts I bought, very quickly. Nothing wrong with anything else on my motor, but it's good to have some spares just in case!

Dave 93
10-13-10, 08:05 PM
In a Saab, you can fit a full sized spare. Consider this in the BLS.

Dave 93
10-13-10, 08:07 PM
The spare tyre well in a Saab can only fit a tyre with 205 width (like 205/55R16) but a 215 can fit with the floorboard resting on the wheel. The Saab comes with rubber spacers for the springs that many dealers throw into the boot of the car. If so, this can be wedged so that the floor board is not resting on the spare tyre.

Dave 93
10-13-10, 08:08 PM
Also make sure that the spare has 60 psi. It is easy to neglect it so that you find it only has 30 psi when you need it.