: Ski Rack

cazzara02
07-26-10, 04:55 PM
Does anyone have a ski rack on their SRX? I dont have the cross bars yet. Should I get the factory bars or go with a Thule type system? Any advice?

sube5186
07-26-10, 07:51 PM
The factory cross bars are a lot nicer. Have your parts guys order them. Then see if the ski racks fit. If not, they can send the cross bars back at no cost to you. Then you can order the Thule ones. That's exactly what I did, except with bike carriers. My Thule carries wouldn't fit the Cadillac cross bars, as much as I wanted them to.

Sube

Willo
07-27-10, 10:12 AM
I have a brand-new, never used pair of cross bars for the 2010 SRX. For some reason, the dealer said the car "package" which we bought came with them. I have no use for them and will galdly sell them to anybody at less cost you'd pay from the dealer. Picture available, contact me directly.

Cad96k
07-27-10, 12:57 PM
I have a brand-new, never used pair of cross bars for the 2010 SRX. For some reason, the dealer said the car "package" which we bought came with them. I have no use for them and will galdly sell them to anybody at less cost you'd pay from the dealer. Picture available, contact me directly.

Hi. I haven't been a member long enough so they won't let me send private messages. I am interested in the cross rails. Perhaps if you PM me they will let me reply.

cazzara02
07-27-10, 03:38 PM
I am interested as well.

Willo
07-28-10, 10:36 AM
PM's have been sent to both of you with contact information

Cad96k
09-01-10, 12:30 PM
Thanks Willo for following up. I ended up buying a Thule system (Ascent 1600) including their cross rails. It looks good but there is a downside:

The box has to be installed more forward than I would have liked. Otherwise it hits the rear antenna. This likely contributed to decreased gas mileage and more wind noise than you would get with a smaller box.

Overall I'm glad I bought it because it makes it much easier to cart golf clubs, etc. on long trips when the cargo area is already full of luggage.