: Need help with 2001 Catera, heater valve leak?

BossLady
07-26-10, 12:57 PM
Hello, so 2 days ago My low coolant light came on, I topped it off, later that night the light was on and I had to add about 1-2 inches of fluid every time to the overflow container.

So I looked under the car and can see a leak dripping off the transmission, I look under the hood and might see some wetness in the back of the engine, after some research I think it may be the Heater valve as I read this seems to happen to the catera.

So my question is, does this sound right, the heater valve? and I know its going to be a :thepan: to replace, but whats the easiest way to go about it?

Thanks for the help
p.s car does not over heat nor will I let it, I make sure to top off the fluid before driving every time, i just want to drive it normal!:bighead:

2001 catera sport 3.0

99 Catera
08-04-10, 01:20 AM
Sounds like a good candidate for the HCV. Easiest access point is removing the wipers, than the cowl. You will have access to the HCV from there.

BossLady
08-29-10, 01:08 AM
Thanks fix the problem, found a catera at a junk yard after calling every single yard in 50 miles! I found one and it still had the part. swapped the valve out, refill new fluid, good as new. Thanks:bouncy: