: Methanol injection

bubba-v
07-25-10, 02:59 PM
I am curious about any ones experience with methanol injections kits. Which ones are recommended, ease/difficulty of installation. How the car has responded overall. Right now Im looking at D3's, Labonte motorsports & alkycontrol. Thanks for the help!

bubba-v
07-28-10, 01:02 PM
Can anyone share a pic of what their methanol system installed looks like pump, tank location, nozzles.... anything would be useful?

coach123
07-28-10, 02:44 PM
I have wanted to see the gains from cars with the D3 injection as well. I am curious if the car's timing is increased after the addition of the meth. Is the kit used solely for cooling thus no additional tuning was done or have they used meth's full benefit and tuned for it. I believe they utilize the stock windshield washer reservoir with the meth kit.

bubba-v
07-28-10, 03:20 PM
"I have wanted to see the gains from cars with the D3 injection as well. I am curious if the car's timing is increased after the addition of the meth. Is the kit used solely for cooling thus no additional tuning was done or have they used meth's full benefit and tuned for it."
Yeah I was hoping someone who has had it done or knows a little more about it could give us the scoop. It looks like it would be beneficial in multiple ways, you cant beat the 2 for 1 increased cooling and horsepower if thats what people are seeing and I like the idea of the stealthy set up via the windsheild washer resevoir.

PGA2B
07-28-10, 03:26 PM
Have you looked at Snow Performance?

bubba-v
07-28-10, 03:47 PM
Well.....I did now, thanks! They have a forum on their site also but no sts-v or any cadillac info for that matter, that I could find anyway. I am hoping for some specifics for the STS-V.

coach123
07-28-10, 03:54 PM
Manufacturer's of meth injection kits

Aquamist
Alkycontrol
Snow Performance
AEM
Labonte
D3 - kits for all caddy's
Devil's Own - highly used in supercharged cobalt, saturn ion

Prob some others but these are the most popular. All the kits are available for our cars. I suggest a progressive kit that controls either on MAF sensor or boost. I also suggest getting one of the solenoids that will close the boost bypass if problems occur. I believe BlownV has more info on these as well.

bubba-v
07-28-10, 04:05 PM
Thanks coach this is just the kind of stuff I was looking for!

BlownV
07-28-10, 05:08 PM
Pretty much beaten this topic up for the most part in previous threads.

Aquamist
Alkycontrol
Snow Performance
AEM
Labonte
Devil's Own

I have installed and tuned all of these kits in the past 4 years and will stand by my suggestions that labonte is the best quality and bang for your buck. They developed Snow's kits and now their own which are an improvement over snow performance. Snow has been selling to the tuner crowd for years and has gotten into the diesels as of late but I haven't seen much in the way of bettering their product in a long time.

Devils Own is a nice cheap setup that will get the job done if you don't mind some driveability differences.

And yes as I stated before you could link the progressive setup into our wastegate solenoids to control overboost. I would personally run it off of our MAP sensors for the signal input.

bubba-v
07-28-10, 05:53 PM
I did a search on the forum for methanol and didnt see any info on the actual differences I could see in the car, I did see a post where you recommended Labonte motorsports thats why I listed them as one of my top 3 options and added snow after PGA mentioned them. Did you post any pics of what the install looked like or mention what changes in temp or performance I might expect? If not could you? If you already did can you direct me to the info?