: paint color code

cmazurk1
07-24-10, 03:03 PM
I have a radiant silver 2010 SRX. I have tried to locate the paint color code. The sticker is inside the glovebox (sort of behind it). The numbers are really small. Also looked at all of the numbers online and no match. Anyone know the code. Of cource I have a rock chip.

DarrinMI
07-24-10, 04:09 PM
I had the same problem as well locating the code. I ended up at the dealer since online and auto part stores were no help. I believe the code is 17U. It also goes by the name of "Switchblade Silver Metalic" Doesn't "Radiant Silver" sound so much friendlier.

morven39
07-24-10, 04:33 PM
Mine is the same color. At first I was told that it was Quick Silver, however, the build codes that the dealer pulled up showed, GAN = Radiant Silver. I went to the Cadillac website and the only silver color I saw was Radiant Silver, so I guess that is the correct name for it. Hope this helps. Now I am just trying to find the best polish and wax that will give me the most brilliant shine.

sube5186
07-24-10, 05:44 PM
I have a radiant silver 2010 SRX. I have tried to locate the paint color code. The sticker is inside the glovebox (sort of behind it). The numbers are really small. Also looked at all of the numbers online and no match. Anyone know the code. Of cource I have a rock chip.

You mean to tell me your dealer didn't give you a bottle of complementary touch-up paint?

Sube

GMJim
07-24-10, 06:08 PM
:stirpot:

algiorda
07-24-10, 07:12 PM
You mean to tell me your dealer didn't give you a bottle of complementary touch-up paint?

Sube

That custom went out the window decades ago... I'm with GMJIM....:helpless:

sube5186
07-24-10, 08:26 PM
Seriously, I wasn't :stirpot:

My dealer gives them to all new customers. I'll bet they probably would have thrown in a free bottle if you'd asked.

Sube

DarrinMI
07-25-10, 05:51 AM
The last time I saw a bottle of free touch-up paint was with my last new Oldsmobile. That goes back a few years.

Zymurgy
07-26-10, 04:03 AM
Color Codes:

Gold Mist Metallic - WA316N (Gold Mist)
Imperial Blue Metallic - WA403P (Imperial Blue)
Crystal Claret Metallic - WA505Q (Crystal Red)
Platinum Ice - WA560Q (Platinum Ice)
Switchblade Silver Metallic - WA636R (Radiant Silver)
Cyber Gray Metallic - WA637R (Gray Flannel)
Aqua Blue Metallic - WA638R (Caribbean Blue)
Black - WA8555 (Black Raven)

GrosvenorParkPlace
07-30-10, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the codes.

Any suggestions as to brand, etc. on line or in store to buy?

stevec5375
07-30-10, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the codes.

Any suggestions as to brand, etc. on line or in store to buy?

A simple Google search reveals:

http://www.expresspaint.com/productcart/pc/step1.asp

I can not vouch for the quality, vendor, etc. Just found this as one possible source. :)

Smokin' SRX
07-31-10, 11:27 AM
Hey thx ZYMURGY !

was just gonna go look for code on my my Platinum Ice! I am in process of deciding what body side molding to get. These big doors are so vulnerable. I have had excell results w/ SPORTWING painted moldings in past but hate the way theirs is suggested (designed) to be mounted, at the mid-door location. I realize this probably is best location for damage prevention, but the upward "swoop" line on this sled's body really conflicts w/ it IMHO anyway. Sportwing has agreed to send me a painted set to TRY! (not actually stick-on!) Of course I will pay up front, but they will not charge me a re-stock fee if I ship back soon. Great guys!

Hey, any threads on side moldings yet? HMMM.......

SS