: SRX deal in Canada?

bullshark
07-24-10, 12:51 AM
I saw the sales report, GM sold about 400 SRX in Canada last month. But how come I only saw SRX once in Vancouver since last year! Is there any Vancouver owner here?

I'm looking for the SRX for a while, currently with the employee price, we can get 3-5K off from MSRP. Can anyone share your deal here? I'm looking for the Luxury+performance AWD, GPS is a plus but not necessary.

Thanks.:bouncy:

embassy
07-24-10, 01:33 AM
Vancouver owner here. Had mine for exactly 3 weeks today. One of the reasons that I went with the SRX is that I haven't seen any one the road. Too many Lexus 350 and Beemer X3s for me in the Lower Mainland.

I think that the employee pricing ends on Friday, but not absolutely positive on that. Employee pricing is actually factory invoice pricing. Normally when I buy a vehicle I go onto Car Cost Canada and get the factory invoice pricing. They also have the cash rebates and incentives. So I usually start my negotiating at 2% above factory invoice and end up somewhere around 3% to 3.5% depending on how hungry the dealer is and how hot the vehicle is selling. So by having the factory invoice pricing in effect, there was essentially no negotiation. So I figure that I saved at minimum 3% on the vehicle over the "best deal" that I would normally get.

I made my deal the day that the factory invoice pricing came out, but didn't take delivery until July 1st. That way I saved the 3% luxury tax as the PST was replaced by the 7% HST. In addition I got a total of $2500 cash rebates that were in effect, plus I scored the 2.9% interest rate on financing as it was in effect until June 30th and I made my deal before then. After June 30th, 5 year financing has gone up to 4.9%.

For me, I felt that it was a good deal with about $7500 off MSRP (about 61K for the Premium). I still had just over 2 months on the lease of my car and the dealer paid my last two months lease payments for me.

Really enjoying the vehicle. I have put almost 2K km on it in 3 weeks. Normally I only put on about about 16K km in a year. So I think that says how much I have been enjoying my SRX. Driving up Kingsway yesterday I got lots of looks and had three people come up to ask me about the vehicle in the ferry lineup this afternoon.

bullshark
07-24-10, 01:53 AM
Thanks Embassy! I saw a Asian women drove a BLK SRX around Burnaby library last Dec, the only one so far.

DueckGM is offering me a demo SRX premium for $55k (MSRP 61K), compare to your deal it's like a joke. Of course it's a quote via email, I wish they can take internet quote as serious as US dealer.

Enjoy your SRX!

TheCaptain
07-24-10, 01:56 AM
I purchased mine in March, AWD 3.0L Premium. $1000 off sticker, $3300 Cash for Clunkers, $1000 GM loyalty. Special ordered mine though.

And boy does this unit turn heads. I recently went on a road trip to Edmonton and back, and wow there is a pile of RX 350s out there. Seen two SRXs, one even in my same colour! Boy did we stare down each other! (Going opposite directions)

bullshark
07-24-10, 02:10 AM
I purchased mine in March, AWD 3.0L Premium. $1000 off sticker, $3300 Cash for Clunkers, $1000 GM loyalty. Special ordered mine though.

And boy does this unit turn heads. I recently went on a road trip to Edmonton and back, and wow there is a pile of RX 350s out there. Seen two SRXs, one even in my same colour! Boy did we stare down each other! (Going opposite directions)

RX350, GLK, Q5, I usually can meet couple of these everyday. Where's SRX? I mean they sold 400 last month, it's not bad even compare to RX 350!

I start to worry, will the SRX catch too much attention? :bouncy: Or nobody recognize it? :histeric:

TheCaptain
07-24-10, 12:11 PM
No way, even if we had a pile of them on the road, they still look like space ships compared to the rest of the crap out there.

embassy
07-25-10, 01:29 AM
Thanks Embassy! I saw a Asian women drove a BLK SRX around Burnaby library last Dec, the only one so far.

DueckGM is offering me a demo SRX premium for $55k (MSRP 61K), compare to your deal it's like a joke. Of course it's a quote via email, I wish they can take internet quote as serious as US dealer.

Enjoy your SRX!

Tried PMing you, but it didn't work for some reason. If you can't get the deal that you want at the Marine Dr. location go out to the Richmond location (right by the tunnel). They might be more willing to deal.

GeeVee
07-25-10, 02:05 AM
Be cautious dealing with Dueck. Through email, they offerred me 6000 dollars trade in. When it came crunch time to close the deal, my trade in suddenly dropped to 4500 dollars. Needless to say, that was a deal buster. Ended up buying on the Island

embassy
07-25-10, 11:47 PM
Make sure that you get the sales manager to sign the "worksheet" after you have agreed on the deal. I had one instance where they wanted to change the "deal" when we got to the business office a couple of days later. I had signed and they had signed and I made them stick to it. Haven't found Dueck to be any worse (or any better) than others.