: Does the Free Maintenance Program Include all 2011s?

Johnsteph10
07-23-10, 12:46 PM
Hey All,

One of the selling points for me about the 2011s was reading that Caddy was going to include free maintenance for the 2011s...but I also read somewhere that it would start with the 2011 Coupes and go from there.

That includes the Sedans, right?

My small local dealer has not heard anything about the program.

Thanks!

sybersport
07-23-10, 12:58 PM
When I ordered my 2011 sedan, I was told by the dealer that it included the no-charge maintenance... but it's not documented anywhere on my invoice etc.

newcadman
07-23-10, 01:24 PM
You might want to check out and clarify this free maintenance policy especially as it pertains to oil changes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they will do their "free" oil change on your V until the oil life monitor reads in the 10-15 % remaining range and not when you think or would like it changed.

In some cases that can mean you can have well over 5000 miles on it and/or up to a year in terms of time (if it is not driven much) before they will change it!
Something to check out before hand.

Domsz06
07-23-10, 01:27 PM
how often do you guys change you oil? I don't do it till 5k n e way??

just wondering.

Johnsteph10
07-23-10, 05:37 PM
When I ordered my 2011 sedan, I was told by the dealer that it included the no-charge maintenance... but it's not documented anywhere on my invoice etc.

Same here -- there was no documentation anywhere and the dealer hadn't heard of it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-26-10, 04:34 PM
To answer a few of your questions all 2011 Model Year Cadillac vehicles are eligible for the Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance Program. You will have the option to follow your desired frequency for oil changes, however GM will only reimburse you for oil changes in accordance with the Oil Life System. This is also true for cabin and engine air filters. This coverage follows the vehicle and not the owner. If a vehicle has an eligible service completed at a Cadillac Dealer in Canada or Mexico, the U.S. servicing Cadillac Dealer may reimburse the customer for eligible expenses upon receiving original receipts. As a requirement of the program, all services must be completed at a participating Cadillac Dealer. As far as an official word on how often to change your oil I would suggest going by your oil life monitor system. It is an extremely complex set of algorithims that take into account many different factors to calculate the percentage of life left in your oil. I hope this information helps all of you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

fastman
07-27-10, 12:28 AM
The above post explains it well.

This is from Cadillac's Web Site: http://www.cadillac.com/premium-care/?evar3=ctsvcoupe_promo_premiumcare

ALL 2011 CADILLAC VEHICLES NOW COME STANDARD WITH CADILLAC PREMIUM CARE MAINTENANCE

It's a maintenance program that provides more peace of mind by covering certain required maintenance services during the first 4 years or 50,000 miles6 of the vehicle's operation at participating dealers. It aligns with the terms of our 4 years or 50,000 miles6 bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty. And, it's fully transferable.

CADILLAC PREMIUM CARE MAINTENANCE COVERS ROUTINE MAINTENANCE SERVICES, (WHEN SCHEDULED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OWNER'S MANUAL), INCLUDING:

Oil Changes: based on your Cadillac's Oil Life Monitor system
Tire Rotation every 7,500 miles
Engine Air Cleaner filter replacement
Passenger compartment air filter replacement
Multi Point Vehicle Inspections (MPVI)2

So to answer your question is the Cad your looking at listed as a 2011? If so, you should be good.