: Bad day for codes

MacMuse
07-23-10, 10:35 AM
Car "chuggled"? while at idle yesterday, and then threw these codes later in the day.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/MacMuse/CAR2/777bd75b.png

For the graphically challenged (and search engines), that's a P0017 (Crankshaft position) & P0365 (Camshaft sensor B).

After the initial rough idle the car seemed fine. Although as I drove to the dealer (hurray for CPO) it felt just a little sluggish. Waiting to hear what they have to say. Any guesses from the crowd? I always appreciate hearing the opinions from this sharp crowd.

The dealer mentioned they were very busy with recalls. I knew about the washer heater recall (all but STS), but wasn't aware of any other recent recalls. Oh well, I just had to wait an extra 20 minutes for a DTS to return so I wouldn't get stuck with a Cobalt loaner.

C&C
07-23-10, 11:15 AM
I had very similar symptoms on my 2000 Intrigue; ended up being the crankshaft position sensor.

MacMuse
07-23-10, 04:46 PM
They're calling it a camshaft sensor, with no part available until next week. What is this, Alaksa!?!@? ;)

Gee, guess I'm stuck with the 2010 DTS for the weekend.

MacMuse
07-26-10, 04:08 PM
Uh-Oh, new camshaft sensor didn't do the trick. They are moving on to camshaft actuators.

Another day in the DTS for me. I had to add gas today, and 3 tires are 3-5lbs low, and I miss my Nav system and sportier handling and iPod/iPhone connection. wah-wah!

So, gurus - what other componets that are related to camshaft actuators should I pay attention to when I get this back?

next2pool
07-26-10, 10:30 PM
Uh-Oh, new camshaft sensor didn't do the trick. They are moving on to camshaft actuators.

Another day in the DTS for me. I had to add gas today, and 3 tires are 3-5lbs low, and I miss my Nav system and sportier handling and iPod/iPhone connection. wah-wah!

So, gurus - what other componets that are related to camshaft actuators should I pay attention to when I get this back?

I wouldn't doubt that it winds up being the crankshaft sensor(s)

MacMuse
08-02-10, 01:19 PM
1.5 weeks in the shop. Still hear from them every day, but today it was... the tech is on vacation and a different guy is looking at it now.

I'm scared.

MacMuse
08-03-10, 04:00 PM
Wish me luck. They replaced the ECM yesterday and it is surviving all tests. I pick her up after work today.