: Bluetooth Connected Even When Car Isn't On?

Tony407
07-23-10, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure how this is possible, but for the past couple of days I've been inside my house talking on my cell phone only to have the sound go dead even though the call remains intact. Upon further investigation I noticed that the phone has somehow connected via Bluetooth to the V, which is sitting the garage with the ignition off and everything absolutely dark and quiet inside. Then today I noticed the phone doesn't disconnect from the V after shutting the car off. When I walked around to the back of the house the phone disconnected, and as I got close enough to the car it re-connected again. All the while the car is completely shut off! How in the world is this possible? I have an older, very reliable Sanyo flip-phone (SCP-7050).

Anyone experience this before?

Tony

lavaman
07-23-10, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure how this is possible, but for the past couple of days I've been inside my house talking on my cell phone only to have the sound go dead even though the call remains intact. Upon further investigation I noticed that the phone has somehow connected via Bluetooth to the V, which is sitting the garage with the ignition off and everything absolutely dark and quiet inside. Then today I noticed the phone doesn't disconnect from the V after shutting the car off. When I walked around to the back of the house the phone disconnected, and as I got close enough to the car it re-connected again. All the while the car is completely shut off! How in the world is this possible? I have an older, very reliable Sanyo flip-phone (SCP-7050).

Anyone experience this before?

Tony

Not experienced this, but in my mind it sounds like it must be a problem within the car's BT system. The phone should always be looking to link with a paired device so when the car is shut off/on the automatic disconnect/joining between the two is always initiated by the car.

Perhaps a reset of the system is in order. I probably would try a battery disconnect for a few minutes.

FWIW.

ewill3rd
07-23-10, 08:34 AM
The OnStar module has a peculiar power cycle that it uses to do certain functions.
Perhaps when it "wakes up" to do certain things it is inadvertently connecting to your phone?
It shouldn't do that.
I don't see any bulletins on it.
You might have your dealer look at it.

Mike 09 V
07-23-10, 11:54 AM
Mine stays on when I shut off the car while I am on the phone, probably still on accessory power. I just tried turning the phone to blue tooth with the car sitting all night and the connection failed, so it sounds like something is wrong here.

GMX322V S/C
07-23-10, 01:31 PM
My car only preempts my headset after I turn it on, right when you see Bluetooth in the DIC. After shutdown I have to bounce my headset's power or force the connection from the phone to reconnect. Never gets interrupted by the car while the car is off...

09V
07-23-10, 11:16 PM
I have had this happen and one of the previous posts hit the nail on the head. I simply pulled my negative terminal while I was working in the garage and put it back on when I was done. This resolved the problem completely. Must be those damn computers and every once and a while the flake out. Good luck!

tbss08
07-24-10, 07:48 AM
Mine is far enough away that it can't connect right now but mine only connected after turning the switch on. Sounds like you have a computer problem. Good Luck.

Tony407
07-26-10, 04:48 PM
Thanks, guys. Disconnecting the battery over night seems to have solved the problem. Hopefully it will stay that way!

Tony