: I'm a forum jumper!

Rich64SS
07-22-10, 11:49 PM
Traded my awesome 05 CTS-V for a 1 of 38 2008 Ebony w/Tango STS-V.12k mi. Chrome wheels. Wife hinted she'd like me to get a less noisy(Magnaflow), less jerky, automatic car (she can't drive a stick). So, I showed her. :thepan:

Some buyer's remorse on the way home to Mass. from PA., but it's growing on me. Going in to my dealer in the morning for headlight condensation, frontend alignment, and wheel balancing so it's smooth as a babies bottom.

What the hell is up with the purple map lights, ambient feet lights, and trunk light:hmm:? The wife asked if I bought the car from Huggy Bear...:histeric:
Rich

bubba-v
07-23-10, 02:06 AM
Congratulations! Slide that shifter one click to the right from drive into the sport mode and hit the tracion control until you get the competitive driving mode come up on the display and it will help the buyers remorse, it becomes a totally different car. I dont know about the purple lights, I guess it must be a Mass. thing!

Red Snake
07-23-10, 10:46 AM
Congrats!. Lets see some pics with the chrome wheels. :yup:

Rich64SS
07-23-10, 10:59 AM
Congrats!. Lets see some pics with the chrome wheels. :yup:

Yeah, they really make a difference.:thumbsup: I'm about to go on vaca for a week so the pics will have to wait. I want to get the Batmobile all Zaino'd up before sharing.
Actually, here's one from the dealer ad.

Florian
07-23-10, 11:09 AM
Congratulations! Slide that shifter one click to the right from drive into the sport mode and hit the tracion control until you get the competitive driving mode come up on the display and it will help the buyers remorse, it becomes a totally different car. I dont know about the purple lights, I guess it must be a Mass. thing!

hold the button down longer until stability system off....then the fun really begins!

F

CIWS
07-24-10, 09:25 AM
Purple maps lights, I guess the previous owner was huggy bear. :) Congrats on your STS-V. :thumbsup: I too also came from an 05 CTS-V and haven't regretted the switch. They are different animals but both a joy to drive. Although I'll be going to something else here in Sept.

Gusteve
07-26-10, 12:13 PM
The lighting you are talking about is not factory.

FYI - I did a little research and after you throw out the foreign export cars there were 24 Black / Tango V's in the U.S. and Canada for 2008. (IIRC).

Rich64SS
07-26-10, 06:14 PM
The lighting you are talking about is not factory.

FYI - I did a little research and after you throw out the foreign export cars there were 24 Black / Tango V's in the U.S. and Canada for 2008. (IIRC).

Wow, cool thanks for the info. It's even more rare than I thought!:thumbsup:

I figured the lighting was added by the PO. The windows have a light tint and the dealer's original pics show what look to be big-ass stereo power wires in the trunk.

Headlights were both replaced by my dealer without question. Come to find out I need a new steering rack too. Oh well, that's what warranty is for.