: Perplexed. Can't figure out what this 1 connector goes to

miwise
07-22-10, 08:34 PM
Almost finished with my engine. Reinstalling it into car. I have 1 connector that doesn't seem to go to anything. It's a rather large connector. Rectangular grey. Maybe 20ish pins. Sits below coolant crossover and intake. Have a pic. Will upload when home. Hope someone can help. Maybe I'm missing something. Not a long reach. Sits below shifter box on tranny

miwise
07-22-10, 08:41 PM
Btw. It's a 1999 Seville sts.

miwise
07-22-10, 09:32 PM
I think I was able to attach.

Caddyshack100
07-22-10, 09:45 PM
Its a little hard to see, but does it have black wires running out of the other side of it, it probably is a grounding point, allthough its hard to tell.

miwise
07-22-10, 10:25 PM
You know what. I think it did. And I think I remember that now. I remember looking at that and thinking wow. Strange ground all in one plug. LOL. I'll look at that first thing tomorrow. Thanks!!

smooththg6969
07-23-10, 07:22 PM
that ground it grounds near the coolant temp sensor on the rear bank. I had to call AAA one time because that came loose and I didnt know. it wouldnt let my car start.

miwise
07-27-10, 07:23 AM
Yeah. I grounded it somewhere around there but don't think it's getting a good connection. My car doesn't seem to want to start sometimes, but then I can start it right up by jumping the solonoid. I'm thinking that this is the culprit.