: Anyone Interested in a unused W4M H/E

PhxTriode
07-22-10, 06:15 PM
Purchased this unit never installed it and decided to go a different direction with the climate here in Phoenix. Best offer

LFTW8S
07-22-10, 06:20 PM
Purchased this unit never installed it and decided to go a different direction with the climate here in Phoenix. Best offer

Any pics?

PhxTriode
07-22-10, 06:26 PM
Any pics?

Will post when I get home

PhxTriode
07-22-10, 07:55 PM
That was fast! SOLDSOLDSOLD

RemoWilliams
07-22-10, 09:27 PM
What did you decide to do instead?

Razorecko
07-22-10, 09:39 PM
^ yea, same here - what route are you going ?

baabootoo
07-23-10, 12:26 AM
I'm gald that I didn't know what an "HE" is....... :)

PhxTriode
07-23-10, 11:31 AM
^ yea, same here - what route are you going ?

I went with a D3 Supercooler and am very happy with it. It really helps keep IAT2 temps down @ 13.5psi and 110 deg heat. D3 worked with me on a package price with some other thing I was doing.

wait4me
07-23-10, 11:12 PM
:( The route you had was going to do alot better than the other option. I did A TON of testing to make it the best possible size and volume that was needed to maintain proper cooling. IAT2 is not what you need to be checking for the cooling effects. You need to put in a temp sensor on the inlet and outlet of the intercooler hoses and down by the heat exchanger inlet and outlet. That is the real way to see your gains.

If something is to thick, air has to be forced thru it alot harder so the less airflow going thru something and results in less cooling. I tested every size i could possibly fit inside the bumper as i was making the prototypes. Where it was at for the final ones where large enough for the volume needed, and just thick enough to have solid flow at 10mph.. Even 1/2 inch thicker added 30mph needed before the same cooling.

Just so you know.. I dont want to step on anyones toes here. Im just saying i tested the piss out of this stuff..

GMX322V S/C
07-24-10, 03:55 AM
Hmm...very interesting discussion. This article: http://www.stewartcomponents.com/tech_tips/Tech_Tips_5.htm says doubling the core thickness from 2" to 4" only adds about 10% airflow resistance--and that it was more important to increase coolant flow so that enough turbulence inside the coolant tubes is created to carry away the heat sufficiently.

Jesse, maybe you empirically found the max size the stock IC pump can drive efficiently, while D3's system includes a larger capacity pump to keep that turbulence up with the larger core. I know you've stated you don't like larger IC pumps due to the noise they make, but man, I wouldn't think you'd be able hear it your straight pipe exhaust system installed :)

wait4me
07-24-10, 08:27 AM
I tried several pumps also. The gains where minimal in every configuration. The best pump we used was a meziere $200 dollar pump WP136S , but like i said it was loud unless we put in a resister in line to slow it way down.

During the testing proceedure to see gains in efficiency, you drive down the highway at 70 mph. Then you log those temps until they get to thier lowest point. Usually 10 over ambient with my exchanger. Then you quickly come to a stop, then floor it to 100, then hit the cruise control at 70 then count how long it takes to get back to the original temperature. It has to be done after the water has reached its normal operating temperature.

The more volume to a point of fluid takes longer to cool but also longer to heat up.

Ill have to dig up my notes on exactly the difference from the cores used that thick. Removing the stock thin one was bad on every test, It liked that being there.

PhxTriode
07-24-10, 12:07 PM
The direction I choose may not be for everyone but in the end I am happy the results. The forum member that purchased it is about to undergo the same mods I have aside from the supercooler. It should be interesting to see how the two do side by side in the same environment.

lawnstripes
07-24-10, 12:10 PM
great all around info Jesse!!!!!