: Ready to buy, but are Crystal Red & Thunder Gray this rare?

AMRAAM4
07-22-10, 02:29 PM
As the title says, I am ready to buy. I have the GMS Auth # ready, checkbook out, own my trade. Heck, I even had an agreed upon price, loan, and payment worked out for a car but my local dealer could not get it. Now, they cannot find any/won't find any, and I'm beginning to accept it just isn't going to happen.

Are the colors Crystal Red and Thunder Gray extremely rare??? I'm looking for either color, with polished wheels, Recaro's, roof, auto, it MUST have ebony interior. The local dealer has a CR with the Lt Titanium but I simply cannot take that color interior and I refuse to "settle". I can only find ONE CR on the eastern coast in St Augustine, FL. Fairly easy trip.....if it weren't for the fact that my wife is 8 months pregnant. This makes the long haul to get it impossible (with my luck, she'd end up having the kid in the middle of Georgia and our families would miss out on our first!)

Were these colors rare? Were they popular and all sold fast? It doesn't seem like the selection as a whole is dwindling because if I wanted Black I'd have a million to choose from. There are quite a few White Diamonds, but after seeing it I am not keen on it. Just curious if I am looking for something that was tough to find to begin with, or, if anyone has any leads. Thanks.

shchow
07-22-10, 03:08 PM
Why don't you simply build it out.
It only took about 6 weeks from time of order and getting my car.
This way, you get the car exactly how you want it...

Domsz06
07-22-10, 03:11 PM
buy a used one, they are everywhere....

AMRAAM4
07-22-10, 03:17 PM
Why don't you simply build it out.
It only took about 6 weeks from time of order and getting my car.
This way, you get the car exactly how you want it...
uhhh, because I want a 2010 due to incentives. I always buy new car's toward the end of their model year. Particularly when the new model year has no significant changes and an increased price.

no they aren't. And I live within a 3 hour radius of NYC, all of New Jersey, Philly, Wilmington DE, Baltimore, Wash D.C. and the surrounding VA cities. There are only a few, and they are black or don't have Recaro's.

Domsz06
07-22-10, 03:27 PM
uhhh, because I want a 2010 due to incentives. I always buy new car's toward the end of their model year. Particularly when the new model year has no significant changes and an increased price.

no they aren't. And I live within a 3 hour radius of NYC, all of New Jersey, Philly, Wilmington DE, Baltimore, Wash D.C. and the surrounding VA cities. There are only a few, and they are black or don't have Recaro's.
they are just not near you or new. I never buy new anymore as I don't like to drive it off the lot and loose 20% I picked my 09 up for 24 under it's sticker and I love it ;)

Domsz06
07-22-10, 03:33 PM
cars.com has http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;jsessionid=QEW0bl2cgOrtjEciAF_CcKZ?tab= photos&paId=355490884&recnum=&listingId=44081866&paId=355490884&listingRecNum=4&criteria=sf1Dir%3dDESC%26mkId%3d20052%26stkTyp%3dU %26mdId%3d20787%26rd%3d100000%26crSrtFlds%3dstkTyp Id-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-trId-yrId%26zc%3d77433%26rn%3d0%26PMmt%3d1-1-1%26stkTypId%3d28881%26sf2Dir%3dASC%26sf1Nm%3dpric e%26yrId%3d27381%26sf2Nm%3dmiles%26trId%3d25621%26 rpp%3d50%26feedSegId%3d28705&tracktype=usedcc&pageNumber=&numResultsPerPage=&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&aff=national

if you didn't care about a 2010 there are a lot more..... Just have to look around I guess.

oneman42
07-22-10, 03:44 PM
I picked my 09 up for 24 under it's sticker and I love it - I know you do!
How much was it if you don't mind?
Thanks,
George

AMRAAM4
07-22-10, 04:51 PM
cars.com has http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;jsessionid=QEW0bl2cgOrtjEciAF_CcKZ?tab= photos&paId=355490884&recnum=&listingId=44081866&paId=355490884&listingRecNum=4&criteria=sf1Dir%3dDESC%26mkId%3d20052%26stkTyp%3dU %26mdId%3d20787%26rd%3d100000%26crSrtFlds%3dstkTyp Id-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-trId-yrId%26zc%3d77433%26rn%3d0%26PMmt%3d1-1-1%26stkTypId%3d28881%26sf2Dir%3dASC%26sf1Nm%3dpric e%26yrId%3d27381%26sf2Nm%3dmiles%26trId%3d25621%26 rpp%3d50%26feedSegId%3d28705&tracktype=usedcc&pageNumber=&numResultsPerPage=&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&aff=national

if you didn't care about a 2010 there are a lot more..... Just have to look around I guess.
That car is in Colorado. It doesn't have Recaros. It has the Light Titanium interior I absolutely do not want....or else I could drive down the road 20 minutes and pick the car up brand new tonight.

CIWS
07-22-10, 05:39 PM
I've seen two show up at two different dealerships in the area (coupe) and both were Thunder Grey and fully loaded - 72,400.

fasterthanrays
07-22-10, 06:46 PM
As the title says, I am ready to buy. I have the GMS Auth # ready, checkbook out, own my trade. Heck, I even had an agreed upon price, loan, and payment worked out for a car but my local dealer could not get it. Now, they cannot find any/won't find any, and I'm beginning to accept it just isn't going to happen.

Are the colors Crystal Red and Thunder Gray extremely rare??? I'm looking for either color, with polished wheels, Recaro's, roof, auto, it MUST have ebony interior. The local dealer has a CR with the Lt Titanium but I simply cannot take that color interior and I refuse to "settle". I can only find ONE CR on the eastern coast in St Augustine, FL. Fairly easy trip.....if it weren't for the fact that my wife is 8 months pregnant. This makes the long haul to get it impossible (with my luck, she'd end up having the kid in the middle of Georgia and our families would miss out on our first!)

Were these colors rare? Were they popular and all sold fast? It doesn't seem like the selection as a whole is dwindling because if I wanted Black I'd have a million to choose from. There are quite a few White Diamonds, but after seeing it I am not keen on it. Just curious if I am looking for something that was tough to find to begin with, or, if anyone has any leads. Thanks.
Try to find those colors in manual. It's almost impossible. Good thing I'm looking for a black one.

Seems like Autos are everywhere, but people are hanging on to their manual ones.

shchow
07-22-10, 06:52 PM
uhhh, because I want a 2010 due to incentives. I always buy new car's toward the end of their model year.

uhhh, did you try and negotiate a build out?
How much incentive are you getting for existing stock?

Low_ET
07-22-10, 07:50 PM
Based on 2009 Production Numbers:
Thunder Gray is 10% and Crystal Red is 14%.
The reason you find so many black cars is that they make up 50% of the production totals.

Recaro seats are in 50%.

Manual transmissions only make up 17% of the production run.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/188427-2009-color-trans-counts.html

thatcoder
07-22-10, 08:05 PM
if u can locate it, you can always have it shipped.

AMRAAM4
07-23-10, 09:07 AM
if u can locate it, you can always have it shipped.
I have a trade.

Florian
07-23-10, 10:02 AM
Scott in 3.................2.....................1......... ..

F

AMRAAM4
07-23-10, 10:14 AM
Scott in 3.................2.....................1......... ..

F
I emailed him (I work for the DOD, phone calls like that long distance aren't appreciated), either he did not respond or his email no longer works due to the dealer's unfortunate demise. I never got an undeliverable kick-back though.

There is a car I would take at Crestview near Detroit.

Domsz06
07-23-10, 12:49 PM
I picked my 09 up for 24 under it's sticker and I love it - I know you do!
How much was it if you don't mind?
Thanks,
George
PM'd u

Howsitgoing
07-23-10, 12:56 PM
Check your PMs. I found what I think is an exact vehicle you are looking for when I was looking for mine.

AMRAAM4
07-23-10, 01:32 PM
Check your PMs. I found what I think is an exact vehicle you are looking for when I was looking for mine.
Thanks, I did get it, but St Louis is too far a hike.

Howsitgoing
07-23-10, 04:53 PM
Thanks, I did get it, but St Louis is too far a hike.

I went and got mine in Highland, MI (Just above Detroit). I was headed to ST Louis to get that one but found the one I was really looking for.

AMRAAM4
07-27-10, 11:24 AM
So I found an exact car MINUS the polished wheels. Thunder Gray with every option but the polished wheels. To those who have been around this forum/community for a while, if I purchase the polished wheels and have them installed, what's the chance of being able to sell my "new" painted wheels that came with the car and recouping most of the cost? I can get the polished wheels for $2000k new. What would be a fair price, plus shipping for the painted ones if I were to sell?

Also, I have a part number of 20951881 for the 19x9 polished, new version wheels to stop clicking, anyone know if this is correct?

e6t
07-27-10, 12:25 PM
So I found an exact car MINUS the polished wheels. Thunder Gray with every option but the polished wheels. To those who have been around this forum/community for a while, if I purchase the polished wheels and have them installed, what's the chance of being able to sell my "new" painted wheels that came with the car and recouping most of the cost? I can get the polished wheels for $2000k new. What would be a fair price, plus shipping for the painted ones if I were to sell?

Also, I have a part number of 20951881 for the 19x9 polished, new version wheels to stop clicking, anyone know if this is correct?

if i get a ctsv, which i should know in the next couple days, i will probably end up with the polished wheels, which i dont really want. if so, we could work a trade, if you have interest.

AMRAAM4
07-27-10, 12:50 PM
if i get a ctsv, which i should know in the next couple days, i will probably end up with the polished wheels, which i dont really want. if so, we could work a trade, if you have interest.
I would have interest, but I don't know how we would swap. The V would be my daily driver, and the tires on the current wheels would be swapped to the polished.

e6t
07-27-10, 06:22 PM
I would have interest, but I don't know how we would swap. The V would be my daily driver, and the tires on the current wheels would be swapped to the polished.

Seems pretty easy to me... Tires are identical and should be brand new on both. You send me yours and I'll send you mine. I'd have to work out some sort of minor payment since the polished ones would cost me $800, but I'm sure what I came up with would be more than fair to you.

A556HPV
07-28-10, 08:19 AM
You should be able to find your exact model with options still out there. If your purchasing from a dealer they can trade with another dealer to bring it in. There are 2 ways the dealer can do this, one is sending a flat bed to get it which gets it quick but you have to pay for the service or second is to have the dealer auto transport it, it's free or alot cheaper but takes sometimes weeks to get your car since they arrange the moving of many cars from many dealers.
I ordered a '10 V on 7/22 from my dealer in Akron, Ohio. They found the exact one in northern Wis. They sent out a flat bedded to pick it up for $600 and I got it on 7/24. Well worth it plus it already had the option I wanted without having to spend extra to equip it.
Cars.com has the best inventory next to the dealers listing. Go thru the filters to locate the one you want and have the dealer get it for you. You can also roll the shipping fees into the financing if your going that way.
Try another dealer. I had 3 bad experiences before finding a dealer who was happy to work with me. Call Cadillac customer service if the dealer will not work with you. They hooked me up with my current dealer and even gave me a $1,000 coupon for the troubles which paid for the flat bed service and then some. Great deal from Caddy.

AMRAAM4
07-28-10, 09:02 AM
You should be able to find your exact model with options still out there. If your purchasing from a dealer they can trade with another dealer to bring it in. There are 2 ways the dealer can do this, one is sending a flat bed to get it which gets it quick but you have to pay for the service or second is to have the dealer auto transport it, it's free or alot cheaper but takes sometimes weeks to get your car since they arrange the moving of many cars from many dealers.
I ordered a '10 V on 7/22 from my dealer in Akron, Ohio. They found the exact one in northern Wis. They sent out a flat bedded to pick it up for $600 and I got it on 7/24. Well worth it plus it already had the option I wanted without having to spend extra to equip it.
Cars.com has the best inventory next to the dealers listing. Go thru the filters to locate the one you want and have the dealer get it for you. You can also roll the shipping fees into the financing if your going that way.
Try another dealer. I had 3 bad experiences before finding a dealer who was happy to work with me. Call Cadillac customer service if the dealer will not work with you. They hooked me up with my current dealer and even gave me a $1,000 coupon for the troubles which paid for the flat bed service and then some. Great deal from Caddy.
That's the thing, other dealers do not want to trade. Either because they do not want to give up their V, or the dealer I am working with does not want to give up their car for the other V, or they say they will not dealer trade due to my GMS pricing. (yeah, they are still using the "but were giving you GMS price, it's too hard to work in at that cost" excuse...when all along that's BS. They make a decent amount off of a GMS sale, probably average or above for a new car sale...but they love to try this excuse every time I buy a car).

So I should call Caddy customer service and complain dealers will not get the car I want from another dealer? Isn't that a case of "tough luck" for me as a consumer, as dealerships are privately owned and can decide those matters on their own?

A556HPV
07-28-10, 12:12 PM
Id call Cadillac to complain about service! (866-465-1005), they should be able to get something worked out. Cadillac is all about Customer Service! Dealers are NOT to hold cars as hostages! I had GSU pricing and had no problems getting the car. Try calling my dealer and see if they can help you.
Dave Towell Cadillac/Saab 330-376-9600 ask for Ted or Nick the general manager, mention my name (Paul Terlosky) and see if they can help you. I had other problems from other dealerships on when I would get the car but there was no problems getting one put on hold. The dealers were just string me along to get more cars transported on my dime. Thats when I went to Dave Towell to order. They specialize in new and used Vs. They may even have what you want on the lot, they have at least 8 Vs on the lot.

AMRAAM4
07-29-10, 02:24 PM
Id call Cadillac to complain about service! (866-465-1005), they should be able to get something worked out. Cadillac is all about Customer Service! Dealers are NOT to hold cars as hostages! I had GSU pricing and had no problems getting the car. Try calling my dealer and see if they can help you.
Dave Towell Cadillac/Saab 330-376-9600 ask for Ted or Nick the general manager, mention my name (Paul Terlosky) and see if they can help you. I had other problems from other dealerships on when I would get the car but there was no problems getting one put on hold. The dealers were just string me along to get more cars transported on my dime. Thats when I went to Dave Towell to order. They specialize in new and used Vs. They may even have what you want on the lot, they have at least 8 Vs on the lot.
Wife called Caddy customer service since I am at a conference (currently on short break). As I said, they said dealers are privately owned and can do as they choose as far as making a deal/getting a car/helping you. They cannot tell them to do anything. Basically, it was a "you're in tough luck."