: sts v bluetooth

torched10
07-21-10, 06:30 PM
had my Nav/radio replaced again in my 2008STSV, and have not been able to sync my cell.Following the same drill from the manual and they cant find each other.The STS screen said somehing about a LOCK OUT code,which is 1234 but cant figure waht to do with that info--my sales guy and dealer tech guy dont know what to do--any help woud be appreciated--thanks

cad08stsv
07-21-10, 06:55 PM
Hi there,
This bloothoot is a PITA but it has been addressed before here is the URL
:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1673733

I hope this helps.
Russell:o

torched10
07-21-10, 09:05 PM
mine worked fine on my previuos 2 nav systems.I tried the link,but it didnt work--thanks

CIWS
07-22-10, 09:00 AM
The lock out code is entered into the device that's trying to link to the unit displaying the code. So when you attempt to pair the phone and the Nav screen displays a lockout code, that is entered into the phone or device attempting to sync with the car. Now one of my phones would pair one direction, but not the other, meaning I had to have the phone search for the car's bluetooth and link vs having the car's bluetooth search for the phone and link. Try it both ways and see if you can't get the phone to link up.

ozmt
07-25-10, 01:10 PM
My 2008 V's bluetooth works ok most of the time. However, it never connects automatically. I always have to go to the config screen and press "connect" and that's a little annoying.
ozmt@msn.com

PNBLWZD
07-25-10, 11:14 PM
Mine will connect automatically when a call comes in, but for an outgoing call I usually have to connect it manually even though it's set to be the default device. Looking at the manual I learned the easiest way to connect is to press the AUX button, which brings up the bluetooth screen and phone keypad. After a few seconds the keypad illuminates which means it's ready.

Something my wife's MBZ bluetooth does which is nice is download all the contacts from the phone to view on the screen which is very handy, not sure yet if the Cadillac system can do this or not.

Gusteve
07-26-10, 11:08 AM
My 2008 V's bluetooth works ok most of the time. However, it never connects automatically. I always have to go to the config screen and press "connect" and that's a little annoying.
ozmt@msn.com

In the config area there's a way to set your phone as a default connect device. I had the same problem until I figured this out, and now it works great every time.

CIWS
07-26-10, 01:52 PM
In the config area there's a way to set your phone as a default connect device. I had the same problem until I figured this out, and now it works great every time.

:yeah:

The only time mine doesn't auto connect is when I use the remote start. In those times I have to tell it to connect.

Cataract
07-26-10, 06:35 PM
The only time mine doesn't auto connect is when I use the remote start. In those times I have to tell it to connect.

Wow, I wondered why mine sometimes doesnt auto connect! Good call!

PNBLWZD
07-26-10, 11:15 PM
What's with the really loud buzz that comes out of the speakers sometimes when connecting? It is very unpleasant then usually goes away, but sometimes not and I will have to end the call and try again...

fast_lane10
07-27-10, 11:27 PM
Mine auto connects fine all the time but recently my radio stopped muting while talking on the phone and it happens mostly when i receive a call and i pick up from the nav screen. Anybody else experienced the same issue, also i hate the annoying sound when making calls as mentioned by PNBLWZD

CIWS
07-28-10, 08:18 AM
Never a buzz. Occasionally receive a call and the radio doesn't mute, which I just hang up and the reconnect is fine.

I'm using a Motorola Droid.

MacMuse
07-28-10, 11:09 AM
What's with the really loud buzz that comes out of the speakers sometimes when connecting? It is very unpleasant then usually goes away, but sometimes not and I will have to end the call and try again...

That's a known problem between this bluetooth system and your iPhone (you do have an iPhone, right). Neither side appears interested in fixing it. The problem extends through every version of Apple's iPhone software. GM has only done one update to car's firmware and it didn't address the bluetooth issue.

On the other hand, the 2010 DTS loaner I have this week works beautifully with my iPhone. Clean connection and superb sound for both ends of calls, far different than my STS performance. I think the STS just got a bum implementation of the BT hardware/software.

BMBSALES
07-29-10, 03:20 PM

The only time mine doesn't auto connect is when i use the remote start. In those times i have to tell it to connect.

and this is probably only because the phone isn't in range when you use the remote start.

bobs-sts-v
07-29-10, 06:45 PM
No, that is not the reason. My phone sits in the car 24/7, and when I remote start, it only connects 50% of the time. When I start the car normally - with my butt in the seat - it works 99% of the time. I haven't really had any issues with the phone, other than I can't dial from the nav screen with the car in motion. But since most of the numbers I dial are in the phone, it takes 2 seconds to pull one up at a stop light and I am good to go.

Sorry, but I am one of those dinosaurs that thinks a phone is for talking. Once you start adding all that other "smart" crap to the phone, it isn't just a phone anymore. As Scotty from StarTrek said, "The more they mess with the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." (Say that in your head with your best Scottish/Welsh accent):rolleyes:

Bob

CIWS
07-30-10, 07:34 AM
I haven't really had any issues with the phone, other than I can't dial from the nav screen with the car in motion.

That's a "safety" lockout in the Nav/Radio software. Non of us can do this unless you happen to be running a lockpic type device. I honestly can't see the logic in what they chose to lockout and what they continued to give access to in order to stay "safe"

BMBSALES
08-01-10, 06:12 PM
No, that is not the reason. My phone sits in the car 24/7, and when I remote start, it only connects 50% of the time. Bob

yeah...i haven't experienced that. as long as one of my phones is in range while remote starting, it connects every time. i guess i should feel lucky cause quite a few have reported issues.

rodehard
08-06-10, 03:34 PM
That's a known problem between this bluetooth system and your iPhone (you do have an iPhone, right). Neither side appears interested in fixing it. The problem extends through every version of Apple's iPhone software. GM has only done one update to car's firmware and it didn't address the bluetooth issue.

On the other hand, the 2010 DTS loaner I have this week works beautifully with my iPhone. Clean connection and superb sound for both ends of calls, far different than my STS performance. I think the STS just got a bum implementation of the BT hardware/software.

I, too, have an Iphone paired with my 2006 STSV and experience this annoying buzz. Is there a way to check when and if Cadillac addresses the problem with an update. It seems, as the car gets older, Cadillac is less interested in communication.

MacMuse
08-06-10, 04:36 PM
I don't think GM will ever touch this. The car industry is not configured to handle the frequent technical updates needed for today's consumer technology, and I hope they never get to the point of saying 'bring your car in for it's monthly software update'. Ford's Sync seems to be making improvements in this area, and even OnStar is improving but it is still closely tied to hardware builds. The 2011 OnStar finally brings us smartphone apps that talk to the car, but I expect it will be a 2011 and beyond model years only - no backward support for older cars unless they come out with a plan to offer hardware replacements of the comm system(s).

CIWS
08-06-10, 06:15 PM
I don't think GM will ever touch this.

With the STS discontinued I wouldn't be looking for a lot of updates unless it fixes a really serious issue on the car. We're kinda stuck with what works or what doesn't.

silverws6ta
08-14-10, 02:33 PM
BTW -- Found out that handshake sound is not an issue with our cars; its the phones ---

I have the new BB Torch now -- and repeatedly called/disconnected with it and it hasn't made the horrible noise once.

ssstealth
08-23-10, 10:40 AM
I can actually report some good news. I have always had the condition where if the music was moderately loud or more, the stereo would not mute after answering an incoming call. Since I replaced my phone with a Droid 2, this problem has gone away!!! So the phone CAN make a difference.

CIWS
08-23-10, 11:37 AM
I can actually report some good news. I have always had the condition where if the music was moderately loud or more, the stereo would not mute after answering an incoming call. Since I replaced my phone with a Droid 2, this problem has gone away!!! So the phone CAN make a difference.

Good to see some other confirmation of this belief. It seems to have at least been partly responsible for certain issues although the bluetooth in our cars can be as finicky as some other makes in what they work with.