: How many days does in the shop.....

tbss08
07-21-10, 06:25 PM
How long does your car live in the shop?? Mine is on day number 19 ( 15 business days) and counting. I was going to call the shop and see what hours they allow visitors for the sick patients. Mine might be in isolation so nothing else catches what it has. :eek::eek:
The shop is trying to find a noise in the car but so far haven't been able to locate it. It started with the sunroof and now they think it is in the body and transmitting back up. They have done all the steps in the TSB on the sunroof and have been in contact with the tech center. An engineer is suppose to be at the shop this week to help find and fix the problem.

I'd like to thank Matt for the help he has offered. I hope to be able to drive my car on vacation the first week of August with no popping or creaking noises. Until then I get to continue being the blunt of all the car jokes at work, something to look forward to each morning when everyone arrives.:want:

Why is it lately I seem to get the cars with wonderful quirks??

Caddyscat
07-21-10, 07:55 PM
Damn that sucks! How much longer? Nothing like waiting huh?

I just got mine back from the body shop. Rear bumper and everything underneath had to be replaced due to another driver not paying attention. I had to drive a Nissan Versa. That was not fun.

chrswk
07-22-10, 03:01 AM
Mine was at the shop for 169 days to get the EPB replaced. I know every single one of those jokes you mentioned.

mugatu22
07-22-10, 03:48 AM
Until then I get to continue being the blunt of all the car jokes at work, ?

This alone is enough to make you the 'blunt' of the jokes :) BRUNT maybe?

Sucks about your car, good luck getting her back soon!

baabootoo
07-23-10, 12:57 AM
Wow, three weeks for a noise? It must be bothering the heck out of you, huh??????

tbss08
07-23-10, 07:11 AM
Wow, three weeks for a noise? It must be bothering the heck out of you, huh??????

Like fingernails on the chalkboard. Got the call last night from GM, "They are still talking with Engineering and trying to figure this out." No word from the dealership on this.
Aside from the noise I don't think they have fixed another "Local" induced issue either.
I think I've figured out how to buy my next vehicle. I'm going to buy the cheapest lowest cost vehicle of what ever product line I pick. In this manner when you bring your car in for service it will always get the same level of service as the person who bought the top of the line vehicle. Also if you get a loaner or rental for repair work, all they could do is upgrade you!!
:thepan::thepan:

shade
07-23-10, 02:29 PM
Not to steer you wrong but you are very close to lemon law time.

tbss08
07-23-10, 03:23 PM
Indianan Lemon Law, 18 months, 18,000 miles or 4 repair attempts or 30 business days out of service.
No update from GM today. I don't see the new GM any different than the old GM so far.

It is bad when 3 of the last 4 vehicles from GM have had problems. So far the only vehicle not to be back for anything to the dealer has been my wifes TrailBlazer SS. Pretty darn bad when a Chevy Truck is better build quality than a Cadillac!

tbss08
07-23-10, 09:18 PM
GM called and so did the dealer. An Engineer is suppose to be here Tuesday to look at the car and figure out what is wrong and how to fix it. I am going to get an update Tuesday after they look at it and make a decision on what to do.

V&Vette
07-23-10, 10:09 PM
Seriously, its time to call corporate. That is just to much time and honestly, for a 71k car, the least they can do is put you in something equivalent if not another V. It isn't your fault there's a problem.

Sorry to hear about the issues.

tbss08
07-24-10, 07:11 AM
Corporate is involved. I've been driving a base CTS, makes one miss the V all the more.

shade
07-24-10, 03:27 PM
Again not to sound like a corporate bashed but IMO it's time to call a lemon law attorney. Now I'm not saying your car deserves to be lemoned but what about the time your spending on this? How about making a car payment for a V but getting to drive something less? For me that's worth compensation. I had to sue GM on my tahoe that I had to take back 4 times for brake noise. While I didn't lemon the tahoe gm compensated me for the time, hassle, poor quality, etc.

tbss08
07-24-10, 05:27 PM
Again not to sound like a corporate bashed but IMO it's time to call a lemon law attorney. Now I'm not saying your car deserves to be lemoned but what about the time your spending on this? How about making a car payment for a V but getting to drive something less? For me that's worth compensation. I had to sue GM on my tahoe that I had to take back 4 times for brake noise. While I didn't lemon the tahoe gm compensated me for the time, hassle, poor quality, etc.

I have been down the lemon law road before. In Indiana you cannot use the Lemon Law without first going the route of Arbitration through the BBB. I did this in my 08Z and won.

As each day goes by I get more disillusioned with the new GM. For the first time in my Adult life I have been looking at the competition, BMW, Audi, Lexus and MB. The dealership and manufacturer relationship have got to be better than this with GM.

I've thought about creating a Blog page to show the discussions and promises which don't materialize. Like the old saying goes, "If their lips are moving they are lying"