: Monticello 8/20/2010

shchow
07-21-10, 06:31 PM
Just got the invite for the half-day, complimentary driving session.
Will be going in the afternoon session at Monticello on 8/20/2010.
Anybody else going?

SleepTight
07-21-10, 08:16 PM
Would love to go. How'd you wrangle an invite?

shchow
07-21-10, 08:38 PM
I believe it is complimentary with the purchase of the V.
I just got the email today which linked to www.cadillacvseriesacademy.com.
The email included a registration ID that is necessary to register...

2k9RedV
07-21-10, 08:45 PM
I'm going to the one at Laguna Seca in November, I can hardly wait, it's going to be awesome!!!

OldRoadDawg
07-21-10, 08:54 PM
You will really enjoy your time there.

I and another forum member went to the event they held in the fall of 2008. It was the clincher in my decision to sell my V1 and move up to the V2.

Would have enjoyed returning, but sadly, never received an invite. :crying:

shchow
07-21-10, 09:12 PM
Will write up a summary/review after the event...

V&Vette
07-21-10, 09:47 PM
Just received mine as well. Was thinking of going..not sure as of yet.

Z06ified
07-22-10, 10:48 AM
Hmmm, I bought a new 2010 V in December, and no invite for me. I wonder how it works? I wouldn't think they have enough space if they invited every new CTS-V owner, would they? Is it random selection?

shchow
07-22-10, 11:00 AM
Hmmm, I bought a new 2010 V in December, and no invite for me. I wonder how it works? I wouldn't think they have enough space if they invited every new CTS-V owner, would they? Is it random selection?

I picked up mine on May 1.
I didn't do anything extra. First time Cadillac buyer.
I would imagine that it is offered to all the new buyers. If not all of the buyers were given the same bonus, it would probably generate as much negative outcome as positive and would be a wash for the manufacturer.
It seems to be modeled after the BMW M Driving Experience, where buyer of the M5/6 are offered a 2 day stay at their Spartanburg facility.
Also, I was notified by email. No hardcopy was ever mailed. Did you leave an email address when you bought your car?
I would check with the dealer if it was an oversight...

SleepTight
07-22-10, 12:06 PM
I picked my car up in June. And I'm a former M5 owner and thus, a "true conquest." I know GM has my e-mail address. I sent an e-mail to my dealer last night asking him to look into this but, seriously, come on GM! It's called maintaining customer loyalty :tisk:

V&Vette
07-22-10, 02:38 PM
I bought mine in early May. Not a first time Caddy owner either. Odd how some got an invite and others didn't?

Hell with it, you guys should come as well!

baabootoo
07-23-10, 01:40 AM
I used mine at Gingerman Raceway, MI, a few weeks ago. Nice "get acquainted" ride for sure. This was my first Cadi since 2000 too.

thebigjimsho
07-24-10, 11:37 PM
You will really enjoy your time there.

I and another forum member went to the event they held in the fall of 2008. It was the clincher in my decision to sell my V1 and move up to the V2.

Would have enjoyed returning, but sadly, never received an invite. :crying:
And thanks a lot, Dave. Fortunately, the 0 down I got on my '09 allowed me to drop some coin on mods...:crowded:

I'm going to email the dealer I bought from and see if they can do anything. If, for some wild reason, I can wrangle a couple invites, you know you're going...

OldRoadDawg
07-25-10, 12:02 AM
And thanks a lot, Dave. Fortunately, the 0 down I got on my '09 allowed me to drop some coin on mods...:crowded:

I'm going to email the dealer I bought from and see if they can do anything. If, for some wild reason, I can wrangle a couple invites, you know you're going...
I'd be there in a heartbeat.

My V2 spent an overnight in a Hampton Inn parking lot last Friday night in State College...
And... I was only 40 miles away - if I'd known you were in the area.

IBNR
07-25-10, 02:37 PM
I'm trying to sign up for the November program at Laguna Seca. That track is only about an hour's drive from my house!

shchow
07-25-10, 08:27 PM
Does anyone know if you're allowed to bring a guest?

SleepTight
07-29-10, 03:49 PM
Secured a slot for the morning session. Thanks to Cliff at Brogan.:thumbsup:

Now who else is going?

shchow
07-29-10, 05:29 PM

Now who else is going?

Awesome!
Maybe we'll run into each other, you'll be leaving as I'm coming...

SleepTight
07-29-10, 08:05 PM
We should all wear nametags with our Cadillac forum handle! Wait, maybe not.

shchow
07-29-10, 10:44 PM
You have a 7:30am start time.
How far out on Long Giland are you?
I figure you are 2 hours away at the closest, which means a 5:30am departure, ouch...

SleepTight
07-30-10, 08:47 AM
Yep, doubt I'll be setting any course records that morning. :yawn: Oh well, at least I'll be there.

gnxs
07-30-10, 12:34 PM

Now who else is going?
I'll be there in the afternoon. :thumbsup:

shchow
07-30-10, 02:37 PM
I'll be there in the afternoon. :thumbsup:

Nice!
I will see you there :yup: