: Drove the 2011 cts-v coupe today!!!

cadillacroadside
07-21-10, 03:52 PM
our dealer got in a 2011 cts-v coupe today, WICKED SICK RIDE!!! far better than any caddy v produced, this car rides like a cushion of air and the power is amazing!!

newcadman
07-21-10, 05:16 PM
Yes, but care to tell us something we don't know?!

Thank you

shchow
07-21-10, 06:24 PM
Just saw it at my dealership today.
Looks much better in person, pictures do not do it justice.
It would probably handle better than the sedan, with the lower center of gravity. And I believe it is lighter (correct me if I'm wrong).
Sat in the rear seat. Boy, there is very little headroom. I'm 5'9" and my head grazes the headliner. But the leg room is pretty good.
Looking forward to driving it at the Cadillac sponsored track day...

Z06ified
07-22-10, 09:55 AM
It would probably handle better than the sedan, with the lower center of gravity. And I believe it is lighter (correct me if I'm wrong).

Actually, the reviews I've read have shown it handles slightly worse than the sedan (at least in terms of slalom speed and skidpad grip), but it is slightly faster in the 1/4 mile. The coupe is surprisingly heavier than the sedan, by about 100 lbs. From what I've read, it drives very similar to the sedan, which makes sense since over 95% of its hardware is the same as the sedan's. I love the look of the coupe though.

cadillacroadside
07-22-10, 11:08 AM
ive driven many of the v's over the years, this one just seems like the ride is so much better, seems like they finally got the luxury ride in a performance car, i didnt do much manuevering with it but it just comes off alot better than the sedan

V&Vette
07-22-10, 01:36 PM
ive driven many of the v's over the years, this one just seems like the ride is so much better, seems like they finally got the luxury ride in a performance car, i didnt do much manuevering with it but it just comes off alot better than the sedan

I have the feeling that this is only the beginning of folks saying that the coupe is better than the sedan. Is that because you're looking to purchase....the coupe? :bigroll:

shchow
07-22-10, 02:05 PM
...this car rides like a cushion of air and the power is amazing!!

I don't know if I would say it rides "like a cushion of air".
I do find that the magnetic suspension is fantastic. It gives a nice balance of a compliant ride, but with very little body roll.
In the past, if you want a car that holds the curves tightly, expect a punishing ride.
The W212 E63 also offers a similar feel, with the fixed coils up front and the air suspension in the rear.

Surfer-Dude
07-24-10, 11:39 PM
I don't see how the Coupe would drive so much better when its suspension setup is the same as the sedan....

digital1021
07-25-10, 12:00 AM
... "Same" implies it is an exact duplicate, while it would be better described as "similar". It is not possible for the Coupe's suspension to be exactly the same as it has a wider rear track and different anti-roll bars. Additionally, the MR has been re-calibrated for the different weigh bias of the coupe... Not saying the Coupe is better than the sedan, only that it is different.

~ Matt

DrumStix
07-28-10, 12:10 AM
Agree, looks much better in person.

DrumStix
07-28-10, 12:12 AM
Actually, the reviews I've read have shown it handles slightly worse than the sedan (at least in terms of slalom speed and skidpad grip), but it is slightly faster in the 1/4 mile. The coupe is surprisingly heavier than the sedan, by about 100 lbs. From what I've read, it drives very similar to the sedan, which makes sense since over 95% of its hardware is the same as the sedan's. I love the look of the coupe though.

It's 15 lbs lighter, option for option.

I don't like the Continentals (BMUU tires) on the non-v coupe version but who cares, I'm not in the market.

shchow
07-28-10, 07:34 AM
It's 15 lbs lighter, option for option.

I don't like the Continentals (BMUU tires) on the non-v coupe version but who cares, I'm not in the market.

The recent Car & Driver article listed the coupe at 4266 lbs.
The sedan is 4222 lbs on Caddy's website...

ledfut
07-29-10, 03:25 PM
Saw the coupe today - looks GREAT! But given a choice, I would stick with my sedan. Love the 4 doors, and the handling really works. I would be concerned with the huge door on the coupe. You will need two parking spaces for egress-ingress. I had a Trans-Am where that was an issue - this one is even bigger.

mugatu22
07-29-10, 03:41 PM
Saw the coupe today - looks GREAT! But given a choice, I would stick with my sedan. Love the 4 doors, and the handling really works. I would be concerned with the huge door on the coupe. You will need two parking spaces for egress-ingress. I had a Trans-Am where that was an issue - this one is even bigger.

I had a Camaro with the same issue. Doors as big as airplane wings :duck:

wfo
07-29-10, 03:43 PM
our dealer got in a 2011 cts-v coupe today, WICKED SICK RIDE!!! far better than any caddy v produced, this car rides like a cushion of air and the power is amazing!!

Drove one too...It's Ok. Not fond of the huge door and the funky clumsey way you get in and out of the back seat. But hey it' a coupe. Do love the rear end and those twin cannons and the exhaust note.

Bottomline: If you're a coupe nut go for it. I had my share with the Vette. It was a P.I.T.A to open especially the door in the garage necessitating a wider swing out to facilitate the opning of the door.

IMHO. The sedan is just so sweet for the money. In all ways it does everything great.

wfo
07-29-10, 03:44 PM

Drove one too...It's Ok. Not fond of the huge doors and the funky clumsey way you get in and out of the back seat. But hey it' a coupe. Do love the rear end and those twin cannons and the exhaust note.

Bottomline: If you're a coupe nut go for it. I had my share with the Vette. It was a P.I.T.A to open the door especially in the garage, necessitating a wider swing out to facilitate the opning of the door.

IMHO. The sedan is just so sweet for the money. In all ways it does everything great. No superbly. These things are beasts.

Any way you go, go V.

Z06ified
07-29-10, 04:24 PM
I had a Camaro with the same issue. Doors as big as airplane wings :duck:

"Doors that open into the next zip code" was my favorite quote describing the last F-body doors.:D

V&Vette
07-29-10, 09:39 PM
I miss my old 02 35th anniversary Z. Had it back in college....how we grow up.

b4z
07-31-10, 06:55 PM
Try getting in the back of a GTO. It can't be any worse, although I am sure the GTO has much more room in back.

aj660
08-01-10, 12:58 PM
I drove a V-Coupe the other day in automatic. I was very impressed with the car. I was never in a V-sedan and never owned a V so this was my first experience. I ordered the Coupe in manual but driving the automatic was still sweet.

My car at the moment is a 997 Carrera S and the V-Coupe definitely felt significantly faster to me. However, the Porsche feels tighter and more nimble but it's also much lighter and smaller too. I have no regrets and I look forward to changing pulleys, etc.....

BeagleBrains
08-02-10, 10:44 AM
GM is providing an opportunity for everyone the have a CTS V Coupe driving experience.
http://emails.cadillac.com/w/webView?cid=13244961392&mid=1145491880&pid=74036&vid=13684&ee=Q0FST0xOU1RFUEhFQE1FLkNPTQ__&si=&mv=H&bv=H&oc=N&sc=&k=14Hj6e