: Windshield wipers??

socalgrifo
07-21-10, 01:06 PM
It's about that time to replace my wipers. Any suggestions on which ones should I get. Thank You:patriot:

Greg00coupe
07-21-10, 01:20 PM
I'd stick with GM stock wipers. There are a number of online sources (Gm parts direct comes to mind) that help cushion the dealer excessive price. They last the longest and provide excellent service.

Subsailor613
07-21-10, 08:18 PM
OEM,are probably the best bet , as it is the only ones that will fit,without
a lot of, making them fit.
Pull your OLD ones off, on one side, and you will see the mounting.
This type are excellent, and will last over a year.:cool2::cool2:

Force-1
07-21-10, 08:38 PM
I have used the Goodyear Assurance blades last 2 changes. Work great, especially for $7.49 each at Costco!

STE_6000
07-21-10, 09:12 PM
I used RainX Latitude blades. you can also use Bosch Icon blades. Both are costly, both glide like ice.

mapmaker
07-22-10, 12:15 PM
About 18 months ago I replaced mine. I bought a set at AutoZone but they didn't fit so I got my money back. Then I bought a set at O'Reilly and they didn't fit so I got my money back. I went to the dealer and got a set for about the same price as the parts store blades (same as gmpartsdirect.com) and besides that the parts counter guy came out and put them on the car so that we could be sure that they would fit.

Bottom line, stick with the dealer.

STE_6000
07-22-10, 08:30 PM
About 18 months ago I replaced mine. I bought a set at AutoZone but they didn't fit so I got my money back. Then I bought a set at O'Reilly and they didn't fit so I got my money back. I went to the dealer and got a set for about the same price as the parts store blades (same as gmpartsdirect.com) and besides that the parts counter guy came out and put them on the car so that we could be sure that they would fit.

Bottom line, stick with the dealer.

sounds like you got someone that got you the wrong size/type blades. rainx and bosch ones work.

tlac
07-22-10, 09:13 PM
Get some from rock auto parts and look for the ANCO OEM model blades... I forget what they're called. They have the best prices and quick shipping.

KAK
07-22-10, 11:06 PM
I tried a set from NAPA, but they fluttered and streaked, especially at highway speeds. Went back to the dealership and got a set of GM blades. Pricey, but they work fine.

sburgin
07-23-10, 12:15 AM
I have used the Goodyear Assurance blades last 2 changes. Work great, especially for $7.49 each at Costco!

I agree with Force-1. I too have been running with Goodyear Assurances from Costco. Excellent quality and better price

socalgrifo
07-23-10, 11:13 PM
:2thumbs:
Thanks for all the good info guys.

KRSTS
07-24-10, 03:33 PM
I put a set of Valeo ULTIMATE's on about a year ago and they are great and fit perfectly. Tire Rack has a two for one sale on right now.:alchi:

dkozloski
07-24-10, 04:44 PM
I still have the original blades on my '06 STS. I was going to replace them but thought I'd try the old poor boy's trick first and work them over with rubbing alcohol on some toilet paper. They came out working just like new and I saved myself some money.

Jesda
07-26-10, 11:43 PM
I still have the original blades on my '06 STS. I was going to replace them but thought I'd try the old poor boy's trick first and work them over with rubbing alcohol on some toilet paper. They came out working just like new and I saved myself some money.

Never heard of this. Thanks for the tip!

sapien
08-06-10, 01:11 AM
Trico NeoForm Wiper Blade with Teflon -- 16-2113 & 16-2213
available thru Amazon with free shipping.

Force-1
09-19-10, 11:03 AM
For you Costco members--their latest coupon book has Goodyear Assurance blades "buy one get one free". That gets you a complete pair for $8.00! I use them on my STS, CX-9, and wife's Santa Fe. They are excellent.

BaTu
09-19-10, 12:55 PM

But,,,,, that says something about their longevity - doesn't it? ;)

OEM is what I changed mine to last year. I don't even think they needed it that badly, I just thought, it's been 5yrs maybe it's time!

Force-1
09-19-10, 07:36 PM
But,,,,, that says something about their longevity - doesn't it? ;)

OEM is what I changed mine to last year. I don't even think they needed it that badly, I just thought, it's been 5yrs maybe it's time!

I don't think so. The sun is very intense here in ABQ, not to mention we're at 5000'. Causes rubber to dry out quickly.

AllGoNShow
09-20-10, 11:35 AM
Just putting some Bosch ICON on my car today hopefully, definitely the way to go! I had a new set of GM OE's put on last spring and they went to the shits after 6 months, waste of money. Bosch ICON I sell all day long and run on all my families vehicles, you will never get a better wiper ;)

pjbizjak
10-03-10, 08:08 PM
OK, use Denatured alcohol instead of rubbing alcohol, put a little on a paper towel and wipe of the blade, you'll get some black marks on the paper towel, then do it again. It's usually road grime that gets on the blade and starts to cake up.

AllGoNShow
10-04-10, 11:33 AM
Bosch Icon (Best Bosch offers, no snow will be trapped, work VERY well)
Driver side 462
Passenger Side 464

Do it! I just did and I will never buy those shipping GM one's again now that Bosch makes the Icon's with the proper connectors.