: Which Engine Choice

rchern
07-20-10, 10:17 PM
A friend of mine is going to buy a SRX. Can I get a consensus on which engine most people are getting and why. Car and Driver didn't give a very good review in the Aug. 2010 issue on the 2.8 turbo. I'm sure as a future Cadillac owner he'd very much appreciate any help anyone can give in making a good choice. Thank you in advance.

Razorecko
07-20-10, 10:24 PM
A friend of mine is going to buy a SRX. Can I get a consensus on which engine most people are getting and why. Car and Driver didn't give a very good review in the Aug. 2010 issue on the 2.8 turbo. I'm sure as a future Cadillac owner he'd very much appreciate any help anyone can give in making a good choice. Thank you in advance.

The 2.8L is a large improvement over the v6. After a few hundred miles of aggressive driving it breaks in really nicely and has good power to it. Especially on the highway.

TheCaptain
07-21-10, 12:41 AM
The 3.0L is a good engine for standard driving and cruising. Good economy, good power, low noise yet good rumble from the DI and exhaust note is nice for a V6.
Most SRX's are being equipped with the 3.0L because of the unavailability of the 2.8T in models other then Performance and Premium Performance models.

Also, 3.0L is 87 octane, 2.8T is 91 Octane ONLY.