: Service engine light!

Psycho-albanian
07-20-10, 06:27 PM
Got a ses light while driving to work this morning and it said lean bank 1 lean bank 2. What could of caused it? i have a custom tune from livernois and it's been fine since i got ot tuned up until yesterday. Car felt kind of sluggish driving home yesterday and the idle was kinda jumping up and down. HELP?:crying2:

kbf250
07-20-10, 09:56 PM
Check your intake boots. Mine separated two weeks ago and my idle was all over the place and I had very little response when I accellarated. Once I got up to speed car ran fairly good. When I got home I checked under the hood and my intake had come apart right after the MAF sensor. Hooked it back up and every thing runs fine again.

Kirk

bubba-v
07-24-10, 02:12 AM
So......what ever happened here? KBF made a good call on this one from the description of the problem you provided. Was that your issue or was it something else?

Psycho-albanian
07-24-10, 02:51 PM
It was my two 02 sensors in the front that caused the light to come on dealer ordered the 02 sensors said i'll get them tuesday.:thepan:

bubba-v
07-25-10, 12:17 AM
:highfive: Thank's for the follow up! :thepan:Sorry about the sensors.

Psycho-albanian
07-30-10, 07:17 PM
Got my 02 sensors installed cleared the light got home and just as i'm pulling into my street light came back on.:helpless:

BMBSALES
07-30-10, 08:10 PM
Got my 02 sensors installed cleared the light got home and just as i'm pulling into my street light came back on.:helpless:

yeah...sorry, but no way two sensors went at the same time. sounds like an actual lean problem to me...filter/regulater combo by pass rear door, fuel pump, etc, or maybe an intake tract leak, but if you haven't changed anything intake wise... be careful

bubba-v
08-02-10, 04:48 AM
wow sorry to hear that BMB is right on it would be very rare for two of the same sensors to fail at the same time, I figured your dealers looked into other things before calling out the sensors. Usually you would want to troubleshoot to something that is in common with how the systems work and often it is leak on the intake after the MAF sensor or including to the list BMB posted above issues with the sensor istelf, allowing excess air that the sensors arent calculating for, resulting in a lean condition. Hopefully they get it fixed right for you this time and thank's for the update.

Psycho-albanian
08-03-10, 07:14 PM
Found the culprit that caused my ses light,it's my maf sensor looked up the code the tech 2 gave me and it said p102 which means bad sensor. So now i need to get a new sensor does anyone know how much they run from the dealer?

bubba-v
08-04-10, 07:11 AM
GM parts direct has them for 55$. It costs 0$ to inspect the connector and the wires first. I would pull the connector and look inside make sure no pins are recessed or otherwise jacked up, check that the wires are good and make sure it was on securely to begin with. You can pull the MAF sensor and make sure there isnt any crud or anything on there.

Psycho-albanian
08-06-10, 10:02 PM
Got the maf sensor installed and she runs like new again.:thumbsup:

bubba-v
08-07-10, 03:11 AM
:bob:

BrandonW
08-07-10, 03:36 AM
Got the maf sensor installed and she runs like new again.:thumbsup:

how much you got them for. and from a local shop?

Psycho-albanian
08-07-10, 01:33 PM
I got them for 130 from the dealership.