: Is the phone using OnStar or Bluetooth?

dnl18
07-20-10, 04:30 PM
Hello all,

My phone is "paired" and connected (it has a check mark in CONFIG) and I have entered name tags and numbers using the voice commands.

My question is: when making a voice command call (I press the phone icon on the steering wheel, say 'hands free', say 'call', then say the name tag, and the call goes through...Pg 6-59 in book)..

How do I KNOW if it is going through my phone or through ONSTAR? The phone is sitting in the cradle by the shift. I want it to go through my cell phone. Incoming calls go right to the cars speakers.

Also...Is there available a diagram of all the voice-commands and
voice-answers-by-the-computer that are in this system? They should have put one in the back of the book.

Thanks for any help

PS. Thanks to all for the help on storing the SRX for the winter. I have a "battery tender" on the way from Amazon. Free shipping and saved about $20. Now to get a shade for the windshield.

Don

TexasStation
07-20-10, 05:27 PM
If there is a phone paired to your vehicle via bluetooth, it will use that by default when selecting the steering wheel button. If no phone is paired, it will dial via OnStar, and the voice response should say something like "calling <blank> using OnStar"

As far as the list of voice commands, they are in the back of your navigation user's guide.

dnl18
07-20-10, 07:28 PM
TexasStation,

Thanks for the info, now I get the logic of the phone/computer.

Is the "Navigation Users Guide" a separate book? I did not get one of those.

algiorda
07-20-10, 07:41 PM
My Bluetooth matched Droid calls will not go through using the Voice system unless I UNLOCK my cell phone. This is one way I know the calls are going through my cell and not Onstar.

cz9h3d
07-21-10, 10:08 AM
TexasStation,

Thanks for the info, now I get the logic of the phone/computer.

Is the "Navigation Users Guide" a separate book? I did not get one of those.

Navigation is a separate manual that should be in your glovebox! If not, check out the following thread. I posted it a while back, but I'm not sure if the link works anymore (my work firewall deems it "inappropriate", so I can't confirm).

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/190705-link-download-2010-srx-navigation-manual.html

Now to get even more confusing/convoluted - there are direct links to the vehicle manuals on Cadillac.com under "owner"...but for the navigation manual you need to go to the "Owner's Center"....and you do this by:
(1) Click on "Owners" from the Cadillac.com, do not select a subcategory in the dropdown
(2) Select "Cadilac Owners Center" that is on the new page (not in a drop down).
(3) You are now going to a Yahoo hosted site, so you actually need a Yahoo ID! Craaaazy, I know.
(4) You then "Add your vehicle", after which you'll see a tab for "manuals" in the middle of the screen, and the ability to now download the navigation PDF.

I suggest you open your glovebox and pull out your hardcopy. It should be in the binder ;)

stevec5375
07-21-10, 02:51 PM
Navigation is a separate manual that should be in your glovebox! If not, check out the following thread. I posted it a while back, but I'm not sure if the link works anymore (my work firewall deems it "inappropriate", so I can't confirm).

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/190705-link-download-2010-srx-navigation-manual.html

Now to get even more confusing/convoluted - there are direct links to the vehicle manuals on Cadillac.com under "owner"...but for the navigation manual you need to go to the "Owner's Center"....and you do this by:
(1) Click on "Owners" from the Cadillac.com, do not select a subcategory in the dropdown
(2) Select "Cadilac Owners Center" that is on the new page (not in a drop down).
(3) You are now going to a Yahoo hosted site, so you actually need a Yahoo ID! Craaaazy, I know.
(4) You then "Add your vehicle", after which you'll see a tab for "manuals" in the middle of the screen, and the ability to now download the navigation PDF.

I suggest you open your glovebox and pull out your hardcopy. It should be in the binder ;)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/203121-online-user-manual-nav-manual-voice.html

dnl18
07-21-10, 06:58 PM
NOT in the glovebox! Called the salesman and he said that he would send me one. When I brought the car home and looked at the main manual it was for a 2011 CTS! Brought it back for the STX one.

So..I have had manual problems.

I will most likely get a copy of that nav manual cause I haven't received the survey yet and the salesman is real worried about how I fill it in.

In the meantime I have downloaded the PDF of the nav manual and will scan it on the computer whilst I wait for the book.

Don

dnl18
07-21-10, 07:01 PM
Ooops .... SRX SRX SRX