: instrument panel lighting

dhac
07-20-10, 11:35 AM
I have a 06 STS: The instrument panel lighting is difficult to read during day light with a bright sun. Is there anyway to brighten these? Or is this just the way it is. My 94 Buick wagon lights are much easier to read.

sapien
07-20-10, 09:18 PM
did you already try turning it all the way up with the little round knob to the left of the gauge cluster?

next2pool
07-21-10, 01:18 AM
Wow--the brighness of our instrument panels has never even remotely been an issue. Are you possibly talking about the climate control or radio read out??

dhac
07-21-10, 12:34 PM
Sapien: Yes I've done that. But thanks anyway.

next2pool: Sorry I didn't explain to well the areas I was referring to. The best way I can do this is referencing items I and E on the instrument panel overview show en on page 3-4 in the owners manual. Most difficult to read in bright day light. This is the center where it says Cadillac STS and the date & time. Also, the lower panel where the temperature settings and other items in this section.

STE_6000
07-21-10, 12:53 PM
Sapien: Yes I've done that. But thanks anyway.

next2pool: Sorry I didn't explain to well the areas I was referring to. The best way I can do this is referencing items I and E on the instrument panel overview show en on page 3-4 in the owners manual. Most difficult to read in bright day light. This is the center where it says Cadillac STS and the date & time. Also, the lower panel where the temperature settings and other items in this section.

If you click the config button on the navi, there is a litttle box in a box on the left side of the screen, that gives you screen control. u can turn up the brightness there and adjust other screen settings. far as the knob itself being dark, that might be a bulb, but first work with the config option on the touchscreen itself and see if that solves it for u.

check out this link http://c5dreamer.com/sts/05manuals/2k05sts_nav.pdf and go to page 2-58 and it will tell you how to adjust your screen settings on your navi.

dhac
07-21-10, 01:36 PM
STE_6000
I'll check that out, but I thought that only applied to the nav screen. I don't have a problem with the nav screen brightness, just the area where the STS and radio climate control lighting is. But thanks, I'll recheck..
dhac

STE_6000
07-21-10, 03:01 PM
STE_6000
I'll check that out, but I thought that only applied to the nav screen. I don't have a problem with the nav screen brightness, just the area where the STS and radio climate control lighting is. But thanks, I'll recheck..
dhac

if that doesnt help, then you might have a bulb trouble inside the navi unit. at which point i think u need to go back to the dealer.

next2pool
07-21-10, 07:03 PM
STE_6000
dhac

Now that I understand which displays are bothering you, I tend to agree--those particular ones do wash out in bright daylight. I'm not sure why they decided to go with those somewhat cheap looking readouts when all the rest are nice and bright and crisp.

dkozloski
07-22-10, 08:43 AM
Lose your polaroid sunglasses or turn your head over 90 degrees to the side. The display panels are polaroid. If the polarization of the panel is 90 degrees to that of your sunglasses it wipes your view out completely. This is a common complaint. To verify it, take your sunglasses off and what do you see?

dhac
07-22-10, 11:01 AM
dkozloski:

Thanks, but seldom wear sun glasses. But thanks anyway.

dhac