: looking for clear taillights

500horses
07-20-10, 05:15 AM
Hi im looking clear tail lights on my sts v?dont know where to get them. any suggestions?thank you

Dr. Design
07-20-10, 09:22 PM
We offer them. MSRP is $950 for the set. Let us know if you have any questions. Please allow 4-5 days for delivery.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/Picture095.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/TailLight.jpg

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Hi im looking clear tail lights on my sts v?dont know where to get them. any suggestions?thank you

csf
07-21-10, 03:53 PM
We offer them. MSRP is $950 for the set. Let us know if you have any questions. Please allow 4-5 days for delivery.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Only $950 ? . . . surprised there's any left.

CIWS
07-21-10, 06:17 PM
http://www.gmpartszone.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=280580

bubba-v
07-22-10, 10:42 AM
:highfive: Thanks CIWS!

Dr. Design
07-22-10, 01:51 PM
Actually that is a different part. Not quite the same and has less features. On top of that last time we checked they were out of production with no further plans to produce again. I could be wrong, there might be some floating around on ebay...

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

http://www.gmpartszone.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=280580

CIWS
07-22-10, 02:23 PM
Actually that is a different part. Not quite the same and has less features.

The lights may be out of production and getting harder to find. But I'm intrigued by the comment that those lights have less features. What is it they don't do that others do ?

Dr. Design
07-22-10, 02:41 PM
The GM Accessory ones that you linked have less LED's and do not offer the additional row of amber turn signal lights on the outer edge of the lamps. If you take a good look at the detailed image we posted you will see the amber LED strip. These really look cool when the car turns on the blinkers. Unfortunately it is also what makes them fairly expensive.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

The lights may be out of production and getting harder to find. But I'm intrigued by the comment that those lights have less features. What is it they don't do that others do ?

CIWS
07-22-10, 03:38 PM
The GM Accessory ones that you linked have less LED's and do not offer the additional row of amber turn signal lights on the outer edge of the lamps. If you take a good look at the detailed image we posted you will see the amber LED strip. These really look cool when the car turns on the blinkers. Unfortunately it is also what makes them fairly expensive.

Ahh I see. I just have the standard issue GM authorized clear tails that were purchased through the dealership, they seem to work well enough.

http://www.ciws.net/ctsv/cleartails2.jpg

If an individual wants to pay an extra 600.00 to have the extra row of LEDs then more power to them. Thanks for clarifying the difference.

coach123
07-22-10, 04:09 PM
I thought that the clear tail lights with turn lamps built in were the ones that are on the GM cars in Europe. I seem to remember some European vehicle regulation that stated the cars must have turn lights built in which was why GM had to utilize the clear type headlights. Either type is fine and I would think they both serve the same purpose to the customer.

500horses
07-23-10, 04:06 AM
thank you all for your comment and link to clear taillights.i decided to get them at gmpartszone couldnt afford D3=950 look nice but to pricey thanks any how d3.

csf
07-23-10, 04:14 PM
thank you all for your comment and link to clear taillights.i decided to get them at gmpartszone couldnt afford D3=950 look nice but to pricey thanks any how d3.

They are discontinued, just not off their website. I ordered them last year - two weeks later they sent email cancelling order because they were not available. They never charged by credit card. If you get them let us all know.

Psycho-albanian
07-23-10, 08:24 PM
D3 does the 950 include the 3rd brake light?

BMBSALES
07-29-10, 03:52 PM
http://www.gmpartszone.com/scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=280580

awesome find. I never liked the amber rears anyway, but they were just a standard gm part number for the europe model. I think i gave $400 for the last set.

Does anyone know if these fit the 09 as well?

CIWS
07-30-10, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know if these fit the 09 as well?

It should the 09 was really no different than the 08 as far as overall design.

CadillacSTS42005
07-30-10, 02:22 PM
Yup they are out of production. Goodluck!

Cataract
07-30-10, 02:44 PM
If someone is dying for the GM ones.. I guessss I could part with mine for a stock tail-light swap, and the right compensation.. ;) Make an offer. A local swap would be best, Chicagoland area.

CadillacSTS42005
07-30-10, 03:05 PM
Dont you have your OEM reds still? i put mine in a box since new
Ill give you my OEMs +100 bucks if you wanna trade.

BMBSALES
07-30-10, 09:15 PM
It should the 09 was really no different than the 08 as far as overall design.

i thought so, but gm site says 06-08. ordered them anyway, cause i like the look of yours better than my euros with amber

bmb

coach123
07-30-10, 10:29 PM
Let us know if the order goes through. I'm sure a few other members will want to get a pair if that is the case.

BMBSALES
08-01-10, 07:09 PM
they say they're shipped. we'll see...

Cataract
08-23-10, 01:36 PM
Dont you have your OEM reds still? i put mine in a box since new
Ill give you my OEMs +100 bucks if you wanna trade.

Sorry for the delayed response.. I have been trying to decide what they are worth to me for the last month. No, I do not have the OEM reds. I do like the original look, but I like the Euros too..

At this time I am going to stick with the Euros, I will let you know if I change my mind though. Thanks for the offer. Just for $100 in my pocket, its not worth it to me quite yet.

coach123
08-24-10, 11:39 AM
BMBSALES,

Any word on whether your order is going to go thru?

Bradkoen
02-12-11, 12:42 PM
Sorry for the delayed response.. I have been trying to decide what they are worth to me for the last month. No, I do not have the OEM reds. I do like the original look, but I like the Euros too..

At this time I am going to stick with the Euros, I will let you know if I change my mind though. Thanks for the offer. Just for $100 in my pocket, its not worth it to me quite yet.

How much cash with exchange would it take for you to decide to do a deal with me?

Cataract
02-16-11, 12:33 PM
So you ended up buying a V?
I am debating still. I like the clear but it might be time for a change. I was hoping to just do a local swap with someone so that we can just uninstall and install both cars in 20 min. PM me or email (I wrote it on your wall).

Bradkoen
02-17-11, 09:14 PM
Yea I bought the 2006 V that was on Ebay from Piscataway, NJ. He is getting my money Friday, so sometime next week I hope it will be on its way to Texas. I would like to try and swap you for your clear tail lights even if I send you mine in the mail and wait for you to send me yours. I would be willing to pay for all of the shipping. Let me know what works for you and I will let you know once my V gets here.
Brad

ps: email me your answer at brad@joekoenjewelers.com since I am a newby I can't do direct replies yet.

RippyPartsDept
02-17-11, 09:40 PM
GM sells a similar set of lamps for export to europe ... US dealers can still purchase them though.... last time I checked they were about $750 for the set....

see this recent thread for the exact info i looked it up then
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/220897-euro-clear-taillights.html