: Turbo failure

Johnel5
07-19-10, 12:00 PM
Our new 2010 SRX 2.8 L turbo has just over 1100 miles on it. Yesterday, Onstar sent us a diagnostic e-mail stating there was a serious problem with the Air Induction System. Sure enough we took it on a short trip and the turbo failed on hard acceleration and the Check engine light came on. Sent an e-mail to the dealer's service dept. this AM but have not heard back yet.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Onstar did a quick check for me and told me they received an error code P0234. Hope there is an easy fix.

Johnel5
07-19-10, 02:55 PM
Well, here we are some 5 1/2 hours later and still have not heard back from the dealership though they promise an immediate response to their service department e-mail access. Sad, because our very fine new Platinum Ice SRX ran great before this happened. [B]Very[B] responsive and a beautiful car besides.

Ponyman
07-19-10, 03:47 PM
Why are you wasting time with an e-mail? I would have been on the phone with them as soon as they opened this morning and would have forcefully asked for a wrecker, and a loaner.

cz9h3d
07-19-10, 03:50 PM
I believe a bulletin was just released related to the turbo air duct becoming disconnected from the turbo (difficult to install correctly at the plant). A new design is out, and your dealer should be able to order one and get you fixed rather quickly/easily.

Johnel5
07-19-10, 03:57 PM
Now that makes sense. The car ran great and had good turbo boost before this happened. Hope you're right. Need the car later this PM or would have called them but will either call or drive right over there in the AM.

Smokin' SRX
07-19-10, 04:44 PM
There was an urgent recall of 600 turbo cars that said DO NOT use regular gas till computer is re-flashed or unless your unit was excluded from the recall. hope ya didn't get caught.......
Good luck!

SS

Johnel5
07-19-10, 04:55 PM
No. Been using 93 octane since we picked up the car new. No engine pinging at all so don't think that's the problem.

Johnel5
07-23-10, 10:40 AM
Dealer had the SRX a little over 24 hours. Got a call that it was fixed so took back the loaner and picked it up. According to their printout they found the wastegate control hose was split. Gave it a real workout and Turbo seems to be working fine now.