: New CTS-V Owner

RCC
07-19-10, 12:47 PM
I wanted to drop a line and tell all involved this is a vey informative site. I signed the papers on 2010 CTS-V this past weekend. Car is silver with the A6 trans, its the wifes daily driver and she doesnt share my need to bang gears, but I think the car will be fun regardless. I am fairly active on quite a few sites as I have a pretty quick 08 vette. For those who are into vettes also I have 440ci TT car that made 1200rwhp on the last build. Currently the twin turbo kit is being redone with twin billet 82mm turbos, looking to make 1600rwhp on new build. Car is on this months cover of Corvette Magazine.

My car is the red one:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/Corvette/CM1.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing what the V can do.

MReiland
07-19-10, 03:35 PM
:welcome:Awesome! (Both of them, you're now among friends)

Domsz06
07-19-10, 05:54 PM
Hey there RCC! glad you bought your wife a sweet car!

I follow your threads on LS1tech, as I love my z06 as well. ;)

RCC
07-19-10, 06:11 PM
Hey there RCC! glad you bought your wife a sweet car!

I follow your threads on LS1tech, as I love my z06 as well. ;)

Thanks. Shes really wanting me to get the vette back as she knows I have mod fever right now. Shes asked to not go overboard on the V.:histeric:

SD Detail
07-19-10, 06:23 PM
Welcome, quite a car you own and I think its awesome your wife if getting a V!

wfo
07-19-10, 06:44 PM
sWEET RIDE...WELCOME!!

NOW CHECKOUT WFO'S THREAD ENTITLED- WFO'S PHOTO SHOOT- TO SEE WHAT THESE CAR'S CAN LOOK LIKE DRESSED UP.

trans_lux
07-19-10, 07:10 PM
1600rwhp would be adequate :worship:

nradcad
07-19-10, 07:58 PM
wow...that ride looks amazing.

V&Vette
07-19-10, 08:32 PM
Hello, great combination of cars. Not much on the road are beating the combination of a Vette and V.:D

Domsz06
07-20-10, 01:10 PM
Thanks. Shes really wanting me to get the vette back as she knows I have mod fever right now. Shes asked to not go overboard on the V.:histeric:
ha ha ha!

Yeah I gotta decide what I wanna do to the V, install it and then take it to LMR to tune it ;)

RCC
07-20-10, 04:45 PM
ha ha ha!

Yeah I gotta decide what I wanna do to the V, install it and then take it to LMR to tune it ;)

I wont get too crazy with the V as its her daily driver. I do plan on doing a few small things to it to get to around 650rwhp. That should keep her occupied and out of the vette for awhile.

wfo
07-20-10, 05:11 PM
Great cars...Is that Vette on coilovers or OEM suspension?

RCC
07-20-10, 07:11 PM
Great cars...Is that Vette on coilovers or OEM suspension?

Vette has a complete Pfadt suspension, adjustable coilovers at all 4 corners and track sway bars front adn rear. Car also has 14" stoptech brakes all the way around.

SleepTight
07-21-10, 01:54 AM
I friggin' love that you bought a CTS-V for your wife as a daily driver. My wife's afraid to drive my V.

mugatu22
07-21-10, 03:52 AM
The CTS-V is going to feel like a school bus compared to your Vette. Kinda anti-climactic experience driving your new V, which is usually not the case at all.

BTW I read-up on your C6, what a great build. Congrats. I was surprised to see that it's an automatic transmission. The cost of the upgrades was also quite shocking, but hey we all have to have fun one way or another :) Great ride!

Domsz06
07-21-10, 08:52 AM
I wont get too crazy with the V as its her daily driver. I do plan on doing a few small things to it to get to around 650rwhp. That should keep her occupied and out of the vette for awhile.

That's awesome!! What are you going to do to get to 650? I want to get to 550 and keep hearing mixed reviews on what to do.... (gotta be able to hang with my bro and his 510 rwhp V1:) )

Have you rode in nine balls v? dying to try and ride the D3 to decide if I want to do it too...

The CTS-V is going to feel like a school bus compared to your Vette. Kinda anti-climactic experience driving your new V, which is usually not the case at all.

BTW I read-up on your C6, what a great build. Congrats. I was surprised to see that it's an automatic transmission. The cost of the upgrades was also quite shocking, but hey we all have to have fun one way or another :) Great ride!

Yeah but it will be a school bus that you and 3 friends can smoke 90-95% of the cars on the road ;)

This too is an auto :) real tire smoker!! ;)

RCC
07-21-10, 09:13 AM

The build on my vette was expensive. It wasnt built to just make alot of power. It was built and had nearly every part on the car modified or replaced to be a functioning 200+ mph car. At the time of the magazine article the car had a custom 4L80e setup in it for drag racing purposes. Car currently has a TR6060 trans in preperation for running the Texas Mile this october.