: Platinum Ice Performance arrives ...

Smokin' SRX
07-19-10, 10:48 AM
:cloud9: Hi. After a 3 year hiatus with a magnificent Buick Enclave CXL, I'm happy to be back. The 3 month lease pull-ahead program, that GM announced recently, did the deed. Was looking at Equinox, Terrain and SRX Turbos. Almost had decided to wait and order a 2011 when local friendly Dealer called my cell (we're long time customers) and said a "white" (Platinum Ice) SRX Performance model just pulled up on the carrier-trailer. "Would u like to look?" I said "no" I want a turbo if I'm already spending so much". 20 minutes later I called back and made appt to see it that morning. Was exactly what we wanted sans the turbo. But when I thought about the extra $$, the turbo-whine , and required premium gas, I said "write it up!" 3 other salespeople walked away sad! They had several folks who potentially also wanted one. It seems to even have the Keyless Access that comes "only" on Premium models for 2010? Has chrome 20"s, Nav, Shale (very light beige) interior. PIX to follow!

Thx to all who answered my many questions here, re: their Turbo/non turbo SRX, with/without the 20" rims. All your input was invaluable as usual!! See ya round! :thumbsup:

SS

GMJim
07-19-10, 01:06 PM
Congrats. I hope your new ride is trouble free.

StuJac
07-19-10, 01:18 PM
Photos?

Smokin' SRX
07-19-10, 05:39 PM
Photos?

LOL...let me enjoy it a bit! I promise phots soon. It'll be worth the wait........:bouncy:

SS

algiorda
07-19-10, 06:14 PM
Enjoy the ride ( and that new car smell ).

Welcome to the club!

lovey8592
07-19-10, 07:16 PM
Awesome, SS!! I hope you'll enjoy your new baby for years to come. :-)

Smokin' SRX
07-20-10, 01:44 PM
Thx folks. Pix coming! I promise :D

TheCaptain
07-21-10, 01:09 AM
Welcome aboard! I can't wait to see photos!

Smokin' SRX
07-27-10, 12:02 PM
OK! She's a dream! Pix as promised...........
I made an album.

Try link or go to "Photo albums"

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1586

SS

GMJim
07-27-10, 12:25 PM
She's a beaut. But i'm partial to Platinum Ice.
What is diamond edition?

Ponyman
07-27-10, 12:27 PM
So, did you put the gold emblem on the door, and the diamond edition emblem on the hatchback? Mine is a Premiumn Platinumn tri coat that doesn't have these emblems

StuJac
07-27-10, 12:39 PM
Gorgeous car.

Smokin' SRX
07-28-10, 11:08 AM
Thx. Yes, I added the gold crest & wreath onto front doors. Always liked that style of door badging since Chevy put the SS badge there in the 60's . Also, there is no Diamond Edition offered by GM. I got these (and the gold crests) on Ebay. (Diamond badge comes w/ 2 round, door, Diamond badges also!) All self-adhesive. They are from earlier Caddys when they did have such an edition, few years ago. I'll get the site if interested. I think the current upgrade offered by Caddy is called a "Platinum Edition" (not the paint color)

Just added some "wood" to console and door rests. Kit had more, but I'm a bit conservative w/ wood . Only $125 bucks on-line! Took 20 minutes to install.

I'm loving her and not really sad I passed on the turbo. Kinda annoyed at the "turbo whine" but woulda probably just turned up the great radio! :thumbsup:

SS