: Mirrors/Seats/FOB...Driving me Crazy!

C6ZR1
07-18-10, 06:02 PM
For some reason my seat memory went nuts this week. My auto exit, when car is off and door is opened, pushing the seat back stopped working. And no matter how many times I re-program driver 1 and 2, when I unlock doors with remote, it puts the mirrors and seat in positions I HAVE NOT specified.

How do I blow it all up and start again, reading the manual 10 times will not solve this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

cbloveday
07-18-10, 08:06 PM
Did you by any chance grab a different fob? They are numbered and if you used fob 2, when accustomed to fob 1, the seat and steering colum will react differently.

C6ZR1
07-18-10, 09:39 PM
Did you by any chance grab a different fob? They are numbered and if you used fob 2, when accustomed to fob 1, the seat and steering colum will react differently.

Same FOB. How do I reset the whole system and FOB and start again? I also made sure button one and two were programmed to the same positions.

cbloveday
07-19-10, 12:59 AM
Try going throught the DIC (driver instrument cluster). I remember a choice to return to stock there. I believe it will prompt you to hit the "check" button for a yes or no to return to stock. Also make sure the auto exit is marked for when door is opened. Other than that, maybe someone else can provide a step by step.

baabootoo
07-19-10, 01:02 AM
You ARE talking about the CTS-V and not a Corvette, right?

MReiland
07-19-10, 07:43 AM
For some reason my seat memory went nuts this week. My auto exit, when car is off and door is opened, pushing the seat back stopped working. And no matter how many times I re-program driver 1 and 2, when I unlock doors with remote, it puts the mirrors and seat in positions I HAVE NOT specified.

How do I blow it all up and start again, reading the manual 10 times will not solve this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This might do it:
Recommendation/Instructions:

(http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#ss2-2363084)Due to a software change on a memory equipped vehicle (without power Tilt/Telescopic steering) if you select Easy Exit Setup Off there is no way to turn the Easy Exit Setup function back on. To default the "Easy Exit Setup All" to on status, you must go back into personalization and select Restore Factory Defaults
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.