: Vacation on Mayan Rivera?

airbalancer
09-04-04, 08:53 AM
I am so confused. Our annversity is on November 17.

Need (want) to go away in Novomber 10 day to 2weeks, to Mayan Rivera.
Any been lately?

Do a lot people with their kids go to resort in Mexicos for the US Thanksgiving Nov 25. Fewer kids the better.

Like a laid back place.
Do not really want a place where you have to get dressed up for dinner.
Beach is important, would like to have place to snorkelling on the resort

Any ideas?

daacon
09-04-04, 10:24 AM
I have never been. I know of at least three couples that have been and have nothing but good things to say. Two of the couples brought their kids. (Feb time frame). Cannot speak to the overall number of kids (don't think Amercian Thanksgiving is a big travel time ?) - As for dress code , none of the couples I know would have brought suits or gowns - dockers and a collared shirt would be as dressed up as they get.

Activities galore - or lazy days on the beach or pool. I think you are only limited by interests and budget is what I have heard. Enjoy :thumbsup:

majax
09-04-04, 03:26 PM
:coolgleam nice have fun! never been there.

*cough*take me withyou *cough*

D148L0
09-04-04, 08:27 PM
I don't think you will find that many kids. The majority shoud be american, because thanksgiving is not celebrated in Mexico. And since americans like to spend thanksgiving with relatives, that increases your chances of a child fre vacation. I hope you have a great time in my country.

T_Dogg8
09-07-04, 07:56 AM
i've heard the mexican resorts have too many locals try to sell their goods. i was told it gets annoying. like they'll go wash your car while you're at dinner and then come into the restaraunt and bug you for money until they're thrown out (actually happened to a friend). and i also heard it's not as much fun outside the resort. i'd try aruba.

lowscola
09-08-04, 11:47 AM
Two of my coworkers went for their Honeymoon a few months back. They opted for the all inclusive resort package type of deal and had a lot of good comments when they came back. They said the resort was very nice and suggested the all-inclusive option for anyone going as there isn't much else do do outside the resort. It's great for sightseeing if you like ancient ruins and such, but it is not really a beach oriented type of vacation if your staying in the northern part ( just south of cancun ). If your staying further south, you'll have more access to the Caribbean.

I also find tripadvisor to be pretty helpfull at times...

airbalancer
09-08-04, 06:19 PM
Been on tripadvisor to many times already and getting more confused.
One post can say the resort is the greatest and the next post says the place is a dump.
We play on going all-inclusive.
Thanks for the info

lowscola
09-09-04, 01:23 PM
Been on tripadvisor to many times already and getting more confused.
One post can say the resort is the greatest and the next post says the place is a dump.
We play on going all-inclusive.
Thanks for the info
Yeah when I use trip advisor I try to keep an approximate tally of how many good versus bad reports I read. As long as there is a proper balance, I'll go for it. But if the majority of the reports ( 75% or so ) are bad, and similar as well, I'll probably not gamble if it's a long/expensive trip.