OffThaHorseCEO
07-18-10, 03:26 PM
sorry if this is a repost. first time ive seen it yet

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/03lincolnmarkxconcept.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/05lincolnmarkxconcept.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/07/17lincolnmarkxconcept.jpg

and the rest of the pics
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2004-lincoln-mark-x-concept-0/

(JMO, they need to kill that horrible grill...i dont know who told them it looked good)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-10, 03:48 PM
That's amazing! Thanks for posting that!

V-Eight
07-18-10, 07:46 PM
Looks cool. Front looks like it took some cues from the Camaro.

LS1Mike
07-18-10, 07:53 PM
Looks kind of T-birdish to me. I like it a lot. I also like the last gen T-bird.

Jesda
07-18-10, 09:44 PM
I remember seeing this on the Lincoln Lounge subsite a couple years ago. It was basically a part of lincoln.com that played some modern jazz and showed off concepts.

Its a shame this car never saw production.

billc83
07-18-10, 10:06 PM
Yeah, the front fenders remind me a lot of the Big Bird generation T-Bird. I don't like it here, though. I also see some resemblence to current Rolls/Bentley styling cues.

I liked the 2002 Continential concept much more.

Florian
07-18-10, 11:14 PM
Tbird w/Navigator front....not too spectacular.

F

Destroyer
07-18-10, 11:17 PM
Tbird w/Navigator front....not too spectacular.

F

That just about sums it up. :cool2:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-18-10, 11:22 PM
Wait, is this not a new concept? Yea, that '02 Continental Concept was HOT! Too bad they never made it.

77CDV
07-19-10, 12:22 AM
It's pretty obviously based on the last-gen T-bird, and since that's kaput, I don't think this one's current. If they did build it, I would hope it had better use of space than the last-gen T-bird, which I found horribly cramped inside, and I'm not a large guy.

ga_etc
07-19-10, 12:38 AM
Anyone else notice that the styling line on the front fenders and rear fenders don't continue across the door?

The grille is supposed to evoke the '60s Continental from what I see. I kinda like the outside but the inside is too plain to me. Something about it just isn't right.

77CDV
07-19-10, 12:40 AM
You mean the fact that the inside has that "Interior by Play-doh" look?

ga_etc
07-19-10, 12:44 AM
Yeah, that's part of it.

hueterm
07-19-10, 12:47 AM
I like the retro grille, but make it a four seat coupe w/a big back seat, and I might be interested... Oh, and name it a Mark IX.....

And I'd rather have a different color than the old lady buttercream interior that my Concours has......

Jesda
07-19-10, 01:01 AM
Lincoln does one thing very, very well on its modern cars (except Zephyr/MKZ), and its that waterfall center console that sweeps downward from the top of the dash and continues into the floor console as one linear piece. Its quite elegant.

77CDV
07-19-10, 01:03 AM
Also found on the Maserati Quattroporte.

Aron9000
07-19-10, 01:13 AM
Looks like that's where they got the grill idea for the current Navigator:nono:

Lincoln has really gone off the deep end since getting rid of the boxy Mark VII and 90's Town Car(I like the style, quality is suspect IMO). Other than the unremarkable and bland 2003+ Town Car and LS, all of their other stuff for the past 15 years has been abbhorrent IMO, including that concept car.

Jesda
07-19-10, 01:17 AM
The grille "idea" came from the Continental.

http://www.technochitlins.com/archives/1964%20Lincoln%20Continental%20Convertible.jpg

Looks great there, but so out of place on a modern car.

Jesda
07-19-10, 01:18 AM
Other than the unremarkable and bland 2003+ Town Car and LS, all of their other stuff for the past 15 years has been abbhorrent IMO, including that concept car.

Drive the LS again. Its a damn good car, as close in driving dynamics to a BMW 5-series as any of BMW's competitors have ever gotten. Its an American car that will put a smile on the face of any driver. Too bad, like Chrysler's PT Cruiser, it was left to rot with no major improvements.

ga_etc
07-19-10, 01:25 AM
Drive the LS again. Its a damn good car, as close in driving dynamics to a BMW 5-series as any of BMW's competitors have ever gotten. Its an American car that will put a smile on the face of any driver. Too bad, like Chrysler's PT Cruiser, it was left to rot with no major improvements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hxUtqM6QFM

I always liked that commercial.

Aron9000
07-19-10, 01:34 AM

I always thought it was a neat idea and a nice car, but the design never really lit my fire like the 1st gen CTS, BMW e39, e46, or the 1st gen IS300/Altezza. I'd actually fork over my $$$ for one of those, especially a stick shift e39.

orconn
07-19-10, 04:00 PM

Unless their driving dynamics changed toward the end of their production run, the LS was no BMW. I drove both the V-6 and V-8 versions of the LS when they came out in 2000 and I have to say while their driving dynamics were goo for a American car of that time they were certainly not up to BMW standards. In fact I was unimpressed to the point I leased a 2000 Catera for my wife's business car. Te Catera had it it all over the LS both in driving dynamics, fit and finish, interior materials and design .... not too mention price!

Jesda
07-19-10, 06:43 PM
Catera had it it all over the LS both in driving dynamics, fit and finish, interior materials and design .... not too mention price!

I'm genuinely surprised by that. What year did GM finally resolve the oil cooler issue?

orconn
07-19-10, 07:15 PM
I'm genuinely surprised by that. What year did GM finally resolve the oil cooler issue?

Don't know about the oil cooler issue. Ours was a 2000, were had it for three years and the only problem with it in 48,000 miles was a defectively welded door hinge. All in all, for 32,000. (or less) it was not a bad Euro exec sedan especially for the money!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-19-10, 09:05 PM
Damnit, now I wanna go out and drive a Lincoln LS. THANKS JESDA!! :D

Stingroo
07-21-10, 01:23 PM
I want a Lincoln LS V8 too. I like the way they look, and who doesn't like a V8? :)

I'd drive it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-21-10, 06:45 PM
The V-6 models could have used a more advanced engine. I know it's the Taurus's 3.0L V6, but I don't know if it's the OHV or DOHC model. I can only hope it's the twin cammer.

Jesda
07-22-10, 12:44 AM
At least the early V6 LS was available with a manual. I would totally rock a row-it-yourself Lincoln. Thanks to heavy depreciation, V6 manual LS's might be cheaper than early manual V6 CTSs.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-22-10, 07:40 AM
Oh, I'm very sure an early V-6 manual LS is cheaper than a early V-6 manual CTS.

codewize
07-22-10, 08:51 AM
Although somewhat fancy, the interior looks very cheap. Maybe it's the color but it looks like something you'd find in an everyday import.

drewsdeville
07-22-10, 11:24 AM
Unless their driving dynamics changed toward the end of their production run, the LS was no BMW. I drove both the V-6 and V-8 versions of the LS when they came out in 2000 and I have to say while their driving dynamics were goo for a American car of that time they were certainly not up to BMW standards. In fact I was unimpressed to the point I leased a 2000 Catera for my wife's business car. Te Catera had it it all over the LS both in driving dynamics, fit and finish, interior materials and design .... not too mention price!

Yeah, from what I understand, the Catera was really in a league of it's own when it came out for the reasons you mention. Catera's suffering was due to poor marketing by GM (like that hasn't happened before), not due to poor design.

Jesda
07-22-10, 04:21 PM
Yeah, from what I understand, the Catera was really in a league of it's own when it came out for the reasons you mention. Catera's suffering was due to poor marketing by GM (like that hasn't happened before), not due to poor design.

It looked like a Corolla and the first couple years were mechanically flawed (check out our Catera section). Normally I'd say "Too bad, another GM failure, they could have made it right if they kept at it", but then the CTS showed up and saved the day.

I remember the Catera's handling and suspension getting a ton of praise.

Aron9000
07-22-10, 05:30 PM
It looked like a Corolla and the first couple years were mechanically flawed (check out our Catera section). Normally I'd say "Too bad, another GM failure, they could have made it right if they kept at it", but then the CTS showed up and saved the day.

I remember the Catera's handling and suspension getting a ton of praise.

I could forgive the Catera being a pile mechanically if it actually looked like a Cadillac. I'd say it looked more like a Chevy Lumina than anything else.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-22-10, 05:50 PM
My best friend's dad had an '00 or 01 Catera (after the facelift) as a company car, and that's what we had when we turned 16, so I remember cruising around a lot in that back then. It had a really nice interior, and my buddy was especially adept at powersliding through turns, but it wasn't very quick and I remember they replaced the alternator 3-4 times. His dad really didn't like that car, as it was in the shop so much, and it soured Cadillac in his mind.

77CDV
07-23-10, 01:28 AM
I could forgive the Catera being a pile mechanically if it actually looked like a Cadillac. I'd say it looked more like a Chevy Lumina than anything else.

I was going to say Chevy Corsica.

orconn
07-23-10, 12:01 PM
And yet the Lincoln LS, with which so many were enamored, looked nothing like a Lincoln (thank God) and was inferior to a Catera in driving dynamics, built quality and, with the V-6, performance. However, initially it did come with a stick shift and had a much better advertising campaign.

mitchjagger
07-23-10, 12:27 PM
That has to be just about the worst looking rear end I have ever seen.

The-Dullahan
07-24-10, 03:43 AM
How does one drive a car like that without staining something. Honestly, the interior looks ready to simply melt off. What the Devil is with those pedals? the way the window leans in compared to it's height just makes it look poorly built. I would not imagine the car would have much head room, and even if it did, if you were tall enough to keep your head even slightly level with the headrests (which basically means you are SHORT) it looks like your eyes would be staring straight into the upper window seal.

The-Dullahan
07-24-10, 03:43 AM
That has to be just about the worst looking rear end I have ever seen.

Outside of Haines City.

77CDV
07-24-10, 09:53 PM
You're a kick, Rob. :lol: