: Love SRX, dealer is the worst

jcapps
07-18-10, 01:56 PM
Got my SRX 2 weeks ago. When I got home I noticed that the air dam was in the trunk. Also found numerous issues with dirt. The passenger seat, glove box, luggage area, tape residue on the windshield.

I also noticed the seat was not operating properly. Went to the dealer and was told to bring it in last thursday at 11 am and had an appt with the sales manager to have him handle it.

Well call before I head over and sales manager was not going to be in till after 12. This amazes me as he himself made the appt. they wanted me to fill out their review and wanted to make certain Im was happy.

I end up calling the GM who I had exchanged an email with. He knew the issues and wanted me to fill out the survey positively.

He has me come right in. he gets me right into service. The service advisor writes up the report after I explain it all and hand her a typed lists of issues. She then has me show each issue to the detaile so there can be no mistake.

I get a call the next day that it is ready. I get there and the advisor tells me to go make sure its all done. It is not. But by now i am done with them. I get in my car to leave and see the tape still on the windshield that was part of my list.

I left and emailed the gm about how poorly the work was done. No response. I will never buy a vehicle from this dealer again nor have service unperformed there.

Problem is I have another issue, I cannot fuel up without holding the nozzle at one particular angle. This is unacceptable.

Has anyone gone to another dealer with a brand new car with warranty issues?

Who can I write to at GM to express how poorly I was treated? I am a GM loyal owner but my thinking may have to change if this is not handled properly.

Any ideas or suggestions

BTW The dealer is Keyes Cadillac in Woodland Hiils CA

Ponyman
07-18-10, 02:19 PM
Any Cadillac dealer can service your vehicle, not just the selling dealer. If you still have that survey, I would fill it out honestly. Evidently someone does actually look at them because I gave a service rep a deserved bbad review, and he was calling me a couple of weeks later, at first complaining about it, then after I told him that my review was hones, he wanted to know what he could do cause he was in trouble.
My local dealer has no problem servicing all my GM vehicles, even though none of them came from him. Crappy sales dept, good service dept. The service manager told me he makes money off all warranty work no matter where the vehicle was bought. It is, at least at my local dealer, almost like they are two seperate companies, just sharing the same building.

Nichelle
07-18-10, 04:32 PM
Sorry you're having issues with your dealer jcapps. You're not alone on the gas nozzle issue. Luckily, I haven't experienced it but the issue with certain nozzles is discussed here ---> Thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/189212-pumping-gas.html)

algiorda
07-18-10, 04:34 PM
I agree with Ponyman. The Survey is a powerful tool. I would use that opportunity to do an honest evaluation.

When I picked up my SRX it was spotless, clean, and everything worked flawlessly. This dealer had their act together. I was told by the salesman they sell 22 SRX's a month, so they obviously have had lots of practice.

I would complain and complain hard regarding the dealer prep and service departments. How else will they ever know your reason for not returning?

jcapps
07-18-10, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the tips and the link to the other thread. What really pisses me off is I own and have owned numerous late model GM vehicles. Never had an issue before and never dealt with a dealer who all they are concerned about IS that survey. Yet I told them everyone has issues, just make it right and I will give you 100%............they still could not do it.

I am guessing I will wait for the next service visit because I already lost the vehicle for more than a day. But I have tried numerous gas stations and that fueling issue is unacceptable. Its not like I bought a budget beater

embassy
07-18-10, 11:48 PM
I had a similar issue with the prep not being done properly. Inside windows were filthy with a film of dirt all over them. There was still plastic under the rear seat mats. Some sticky substance on the steering wheel and console area. Dirt under the front floor mats. In addition there was what turned out to be overspray on the right side of the vehicle - portions of the front passenger window and the entire rear passenger window, plus chrome. Called the dealer on Saturday and was told that they could make an appointment on Wednesday for me. Ended up cleaning the inside windows myself as it was tough driving into the sun with the film of dirt. I took the vehicle in on the Wednesday and was told that it was overspray and it would take at least 3 to 5 hours to clean the outside passenger side. The service department told me that the vehicle should never have been released in that condition. I asked for a replacement vehicle as I was not going to sit at the dealer for that long. They had to check with the sales department first and ended up telling me that they couldn't do a replacement vehicle except under warranty.

So I told the service department to hold up, went to the sales area, and found the sales manager. I told him the issue and he apologized but basically said that the service department would look after it. I asked for a replacement vehicle, and he said that if I could wait for about an hour they would have someone drive me to the local mall. I told him that I needed to get to work not the mall. He just sort of looked at me blankly. I was starting to steam, but I held my cool and thanked him and added that when I got my satisfaction survey I would not be giving them a very good rating. In fact I would most likely mark it totally dissatisfied. Wow - attitude change big time. Suddenly use of a CTS as a loaner vehicle and they had someone drive my vehicle out to my office when it was done and pick up the CTS.

So the survey does hold considerable weight. I suspect they get cash back from GM for totally satisfied surveys.

SRX Cool
07-19-10, 12:30 AM
I had similar issues with my SRX being returned to me with an absolutely filthy driver's side interior. Grease all over the nearly white headliner; greasy handprints on door, steering wheel, seats; scratches on the nice "Cadillac" doorsills from lazy dirty boots... I called the service manager to complain; he said he would call me back - never did. I told the general manager that I would give them very bad grades on the satisfaction survey - he said, "Oh well, you win some, you lose some". He didn't care at all.
Next closest dealer is 2 hours away.

Freddie76
07-19-10, 02:06 AM
Got my SRX 2 weeks ago. When I got home I noticed that the air dam was in the trunk. Also found numerous issues with dirt. The passenger seat, glove box, luggage area, tape residue on the windshield.

I also noticed the seat was not operating properly. Went to the dealer and was told to bring it in last thursday at 11 am and had an appt with the sales manager to have him handle it.

Well call before I head over and sales manager was not going to be in till after 12. This amazes me as he himself made the appt. they wanted me to fill out their review and wanted to make certain Im was happy.

I end up calling the GM who I had exchanged an email with. He knew the issues and wanted me to fill out the survey positively.

He has me come right in. he gets me right into service. The service advisor writes up the report after I explain it all and hand her a typed lists of issues. She then has me show each issue to the detaile so there can be no mistake.

I get a call the next day that it is ready. I get there and the advisor tells me to go make sure its all done. It is not. But by now i am done with them. I get in my car to leave and see the tape still on the windshield that was part of my list.

I left and emailed the gm about how poorly the work was done. No response. I will never buy a vehicle from this dealer again nor have service unperformed there.

Problem is I have another issue, I cannot fuel up without holding the nozzle at one particular angle. This is unacceptable.

Has anyone gone to another dealer with a brand new car with warranty issues?

Who can I write to at GM to express how poorly I was treated? I am a GM loyal owner but my thinking may have to change if this is not handled properly.

Any ideas or suggestions

BTW The dealer is Keyes Cadillac in Woodland Hiils CA

Keyes Woodland Hills is the worst dealership on the planet, which is where I purchased my SRX two weeks ago and returned it on Saturday.

Before that, they were Livingston GMC, and believe it or not, were worse back then than they are now. When they were Livingston, I purchased a Yukon, and granted, I got a great deal, but their customer service is is by far the absolute worst that I've ever experienced.

The best Cadillac dealer I've encountered was Rydell Cadillac in Reseda, but they closed the dealership a while back.

Sending emails to GM is pointless. Assuming that they even receive them, they never respond. Your only outlet is going to be the service survey.

jcapps
07-19-10, 10:09 AM
Well since Cadillac monitors this forum lets see how well they care about their customers. About six weeks ago, I mentioned on the Corvette forum about a minor issue as a result of a compartment water leak in my Z06. I was just saying how the dealer fixed it immediately and did a great job. I mentioned that it destroyed my owners manuals. I got a pm from the Chevy rep monitoring the forum. He immediately arranged for a new set of manuals to be sent out from the dealership.

The dealership gm called me the next day and could not help me fast enough. Very professional and had them shipped out asap. That dealer did nothing wrong and he could not be nicer. I had not even bought the Z06 from him, they just have the best reputation when it comes to working on them.

jcapps
07-19-10, 09:52 PM
Amazing, it has been four days since I emailed the general manager of Keyes telling him what happened at his dealership and I have yet to hear a reply

However I received a pm from this post and a call from a General Motors rep, in less than a day! All will be resolved

Thanks to GM and this forum

jcapps
07-23-10, 09:41 AM
Update......the dealer contacted me, then the service dept manager. They asked for me to let them make this right. I said I will give them the chance. They are scheduled to picki up the SRX this am. Being a very fair person, I will post the results accordingly

lovey8592
07-23-10, 12:24 PM
My salesman said he has $50 deducted from his pay for every negative survey. He also said anything less than "excellent" is considered negative. A little harsh but it does make the customer service at my dealership outstanding.

jcapps
07-23-10, 02:47 PM
Been postponed till Monday............thats ok with me

jcapps
07-30-10, 10:21 PM
Want to update that the dealer picked up the srx as promised and took care of all the issues. It is spotless and they went out of their way to make things as they should have been. I would edit their name out of the original post but cannot.

shrb
08-03-10, 10:00 PM
There is another worst dealer in Abilene, Texas.....don't go there!

MReiland
08-05-10, 07:47 AM
Sending emails to GM is pointless. Assuming that they even receive them, they never respond. Your only outlet is going to be the service survey.

Please, just pick out one of the different GM employees on the board and send your P.M.'s to us, including the user CadillacCustomerSvc. We do listen to them and can try to help you out. I am over in the V forums most of the time, I think GMJim is in here most of the time.....