: Is it possible to disable ACC?

jellyhead
07-17-10, 05:16 PM
Is there any way to disable the sensors for Adaptive Cruise Control without losing CC entirely. I hate the way the car slams the brakes and floors the gas when cut off or cornering. I also want to install a lower FULL mesh grille. I'd like to keep standard CC though.

alarmu
07-20-10, 07:18 PM
I am waiting for an answer also. I agree with you. I wonder, if we just put something like tin foil in front of the lens to kill it or would that stop the cc from working also. Bob

^Tom^
08-26-10, 08:53 AM
hi, why you are not just trying to cover the lens-protector plate in front of your car?
then it should come a warn light that you have to clean the lens (if i am right).
but; maybe the CC runs anyway.

dnelsch
11-26-10, 08:01 PM
hi, why you are not just trying to cover the lens-protector plate in front of your car?
then it should come a warn light that you have to clean the lens (if i am right).
but; maybe the CC runs anyway.
Cruise control in the 2004 does NOT work when the lens is obscured!

ccclarke
11-27-10, 11:02 AM
You cannot disable the front (Distance Sensing Cruise Control) module and keep the Adaptive Cruise Control function. If the corners are sharp enough that the ACC is cutting out, (it takes inputs from the radar and yaw sensor) and braking hard when someone cuts in front of you in traffic, it's working as designed. Those are situations where you probably wouldn't want to use cruise control anyway.

ACC is great for freeway driving when there aren't a lot of cars jockeying for position and manuevering constantly.

Because of a perceived signal interference problem with the lower front mesh grill, ACC was not installed on the XLR-Vs, which were first introduced in the 2006 model year, and uses a standard cruise control instead. Many owners of ACC-equipped XLRs have installed the lower mesh grill and reported no problems with ACC operation.

CC

Dr. Design
12-17-10, 01:13 PM
Hello,
We have installed tons of lower mesh grilles on XLR's with ACC, no issues. Most people opt not to use it and we always disclose to them that there is a possibility that the ACC would no longer function with the mesh grille in place.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I am waiting for an answer also. I agree with you. I wonder, if we just put something like tin foil in front of the lens to kill it or would that stop the cc from working also. Bob

ccclarke
12-17-10, 07:17 PM
Hello,
We have installed tons of lower mesh grilles on XLR's with ACC, no issues. Most people opt not to use it and we always disclose to them that there is a possibility that the ACC would no longer function with the mesh grille in place.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

. . . . .Because of a perceived signal interference problem with the lower front mesh grill, ACC was not installed on the XLR-Vs, which were first introduced in the 2006 model year, and uses a standard cruise control instead. Many owners of ACC-equipped XLRs have installed the lower mesh grill and reported no problems with ACC operation.
Read more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-forum-2004-through-2010/205515-possible-disable-acc.html?ktrack=kcplinkRead more at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-forum-2004-through-2010/205515-possible-disable-acc.html?ktrack=kcplink

--You're a month late on your diagnosis Doc!

CC