: Help Help Help

danothemano
07-17-10, 03:55 PM
Went to car wash today and the idiots got 2 big greasy black streaks on the suede insert on my driver seat :banghead:. Has anyone ever gotten stains on their suede and does anyone know what to use to get it out? The idiots at the carwash told me the stains were probably there when I brought it in, but when they saw the look on my face and the blood in my eyes :xevileye: they ran and got some products and tried to get it out. They tried dawn dish soap, quick detail, and when I saw them putting glass cleaner on it I told them to get the F&%K out of my car and i left. I am soooooo pissed off right now and worried that if I don't get it out quick it could set in.

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO OR USE.

Thanks,

Dan

snzuloz
07-17-10, 04:08 PM
this is off the net... hope this helps, do a search on google there's lots of remedies.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
put brown paper or white printer paper over the spot and a medium heat iron on the paper the paper absorbs the grease keep movin to a fresh part of the paper n repeating the iron until all grease is removed then brush with an old but clean toothbrush.works well
4 years ago

newcadman
07-17-10, 04:26 PM
Dan

First thing I would try is GM's fabric cleaner. I've always had pretty good success with it. The GM part # is 88901982 I think.

Good luck

BeagleBrains
07-17-10, 04:58 PM
I had the thrill of picking up my car from a stint with Dealer "Service."
Driver's seat, steering wheel, radio controls and center console covered with a rediculous amount of grease. Could not get the stain removed from the suede. :eek:
The final action that cleaned up the seat perfectly was taking in to an upholstery shop and replacing the stained portions at their expense. Good job done. Not so good of an experience.

chopmeat
07-17-10, 11:43 PM
Listen to me...
Believe it or not I have used GOJO, you know, the mechanics hand cleaner???
It even takes red wine out of carpets, it's amazing.
Use a brush.
Try a tiny spot first.

baabootoo
07-18-10, 12:10 AM
NAPTHA NAPTHA NAPTHA Blot, don't rub.

mugatu22
07-18-10, 01:13 AM
Naptha is some nasty stuff. Spot test it somewhere first..it could bleach or discolor the suede. If it doesn't discolor the suede, it'll melt that grease away like it was never there.

And then you'll have to deal with the Naptha SMELL...:(

garfin
07-18-10, 09:39 AM
Dan

First thing I would try is GM's fabric cleaner. I've always had pretty good success with it. The GM part # is 88901982 I think.

Good luck

Another vote for this approach. I've had good success removing oil and grease stains with this product from my wife's beige carpeting/floormats in her STS. The label on the can indicates that it is OK to use on vinyl, carpeting, leather etc. Try 1st with a sponge and maybe a soft bristle brush if the sponge isn't working too well. Just to be safe, try it on a small area first to make sure the the dye is color-fast.

Best regards,

Elie