: Tired of this!

majax
09-04-04, 12:46 AM
Edmunds.com,"Sporty bucket seats might be a bit firm for some, plastic interior panels not quite up to German standards, only one transmission available."

That does not mean the panels are at all cheap, just not German standars :nono:. But what are German Standards, the car must have 6 or more problems a month after the warranty is up ;). I would like to hear the STS has a high quality interior. As for the tired thing, I'm tired of reading Cadillac car reviews and stumbling upon "some cheap interior materials." They said it about the SRX, Escalade, DeVille had to large of intorior gaps not tight enough fits, and STS. Do you think we will ever read about a Cadi having a high quality interior. Personaly I think the interior is one of the most important parts.

oh, and if it aint up to german standards is it up to Japanese standards? I hope for the day to come when Cadillac sets the standards, not Audi and BMW :cookoo:.

illumina
09-04-04, 01:40 AM
cadillac does set the standard now :coolgleam anyways, alot of the car review mags are down on ALL gm interior finishes. i guess they are just not good enough for the bimmers and benzes.
the important thing for me is the performance. the new N* is sa-weet and the styling is beautiful.

majax
09-04-04, 02:16 AM
yeah dude but cadillac is still about luxury. I care about the interior as much as performance. Would you want to drive a high performing car with a cardboard steering wheel? and gram crackers for peddles, you get my point :p.

Slick V
09-04-04, 12:21 PM
The Cadillac interiors are very nice, I just think magazine writers are comparing them to top of the line benzes. I was in a 04 S55 last week, and that had to be one of the nicest interiors ive been in, but again, thats a $140k car. Ive never seen any magazines complaining about the XLR interior.

gothicaleigh
09-04-04, 02:02 PM
I would take the XLR interior over anything in the M-B lineup. It's that good. After sitting in one at NAIAS this year I immediately went over to the Mercedes exhibit to compare because I could not imagine what Mercedes could be doing to be decided so much superior to this car. I still don't see where this supposed superiority is...

Don't think I'm saying that Mercedes doesn't make great interiors. I believe that they are the best in the world when it comes to that aspect of a car. That is why they immediately came to mind when I sat in the XLR. I love the XLR's interior. It is the Art&Science interior design from the CTS but with materials that meet or best the rest of the world.

Many people come down on the CTS' interior design. Personally, I like it. It is very rare to have a production car that can match it's exterior design to the interior. In this respect, the CTS has succeeded. Could they have used better materials in some places? Undoubtedly. But the design itself is top-notch and original. It has also received numerous design awards for it's interior, so I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

majax
09-04-04, 04:17 PM
The Cadillac interiors are very nice, I just think magazine writers are comparing them to top of the line benzes. I was in a 04 S55 last week, and that had to be one of the nicest interiors ive been in, but again, thats a $140k car. Ive never seen any magazines complaining about the XLR interior.

I watched a competitive comparison on tv with the XLR and the Jaguar, Mercedes, Porche of the same class. They said the Northstar seemed unrefined and they were confused on wherther or not they thought the XLR interior was impresive and luxurious. OH, I'm pretty sure it was car and driver.

Personaly I'm crazy about the XLR interior, and I dont think you have to have the most outgoing design if you got quality materials.

Slick V
09-04-04, 06:55 PM
I think that the XLR has the a nicest interior around these days, Cadillac is on track. For the most part the new STS looks like it is probably going to be of that quality.

majax
09-04-04, 10:07 PM
you know i looked at a picture car and driver had of the STS and the doors and the whole stinkin interior looked dang good to me!!! Edmunds is wrong! But there is one thing caranddriver and endmunds both said, and that is that with the magnetic ride the rides hard, hmm.

Jesda
09-05-04, 06:22 AM
The interior is often a last thought for designers and engineers. Cadillac has the meat and potatoes ready; dessert is coming. Nissan has had similar complaints with the Altima. A hundred bucks more spent per vehicle made a big difference in interior quality this year.

STSgirl
09-05-04, 09:39 PM
Here's a pretty goof review that talks a bit about the STS interior.

http://www.bullz-eye.com/carreviews/2004/cadillac_sts.htm

I WANT MY v8 AWD STS!!

majax
09-05-04, 11:29 PM
Hope you get it soon! You're getting my dream car, the plastic center thing doesnt bother me a bit.

68CoupeDeVille
09-07-04, 10:23 AM
I watched a competitive comparison on tv with the XLR and the Jaguar, Mercedes, Porche of the same class. They said the Northstar seemed unrefined and they were confused on wherther or not they thought the XLR interior was impresive and luxurious. OH, I'm pretty sure it was car and driver.

Personaly I'm crazy about the XLR interior, and I dont think you have to have the most outgoing design if you got quality materials.

MotorTrend is bad, but Car and Driver is the worst. If there's a German car in a comparo lineup it will automatically be slotted to the #1 position, leaving the rest to fight it out for the #2, #3, etc. slots.

DG2
09-07-04, 11:58 AM
Both Car and Driver and Road & Track have recently stunned us by selecting Cadillac over the German brands in recent comparisons. Their comments about the interiors of the SRX/CTS were fair. I sat in the new STS this weekend and there should be NO negative comments. It is beautiful and world class.

My only negative comment is that my 1 year old CTS Lux/Perf/NAV/XM would only trade in for a mere $24,000 !! Ouch....

golfkt
09-07-04, 01:20 PM
I agree about the interior. It's FINE! I drove a V-6 this weekend and there is no problem with it. Hopefully, mine will be here in about 6-8 weeks.

majax
09-07-04, 08:18 PM
MotorTrend is bad, but Car and Driver is the worst. If there's a German car in a comparo lineup it will automatically be slotted to the #1 position, leaving the rest to fight it out for the #2, #3, etc. slots.

sounds Like Edmunds to sometimes lol.