: Poor Service When buying Cadillac at Boucher

mpark2112
07-17-10, 02:08 AM
Just bought my first car and first Cadillac from Frank Boucher on Saturday, July 10. I love the car but was treated very poorly there. I would not recommend that anyone buy a car from that dealership. First of all the Salesman lied to my face on several occasions. First he told me that the 2005 STS did not come with remote keyless start and only offered me one remote that didnít have a start button on it. Then he told me that it didn't come with keyless entry (The kind where you just walk up and the door unlocks). I did try to believe him because I loved this car so much. I even paid sticker price never hassled him to go down. During the test drive I noticed the headlamp on the driverís side was fogged up but the passengerís side was clear. I asked him if I bought the car if he would fix the leaking headlamp and he said yes. I believed him on the keyless start and keyless entry and decided to purchase this car. As soon as I drove it off the lot about 12 miles away the check engine light came on. Then come to find out via the internet after I got home with the car I did have keyless entry but apparently it is common issue called a Ēfaulty door antennaĒ and Cadillac knows all about it. So I went outside and tested the passenger side door and bingo it works on that side. Then the daytime yellow running lights go out on the same day I purchased it and instead the automatic headlights come on all the time now even in bright sun. Anyway I took the car back because the salesman sold me a clear coat finish that needed to be put on and while there I went over my new issues with the salesman because he said when I was buying this car, ďEven though the car is as is we will take care of you for a month." Ha that was a joke only I forgot to laugh because I believed him. So to make a long story short they fixed the check engine light and said the daytime running lights were fixed only they were not fixed. And they said we can't fix your keyless entry because it would cost us $400. And as far as the leaking headlamps they said that the headlamps are vented well guess what I have 1/4 inch of water in the driverís side head lamp that is not true another lie. I am a police officer and deal with people all day that lie to me and knew this guy was lying but was blinded by how much I loved this car. Well I did throughout his business cards out that I was going to hand out to my colleges at work. Now when my cop buddies ask where I got my nice car from I my blood will boil and I will tell them where and exactly what I think of Frank Bucher in Racine. As far as the keyless start they found my other remote and guess what it has keyless start button on it so I pressed it an bingo the car starts. Glad I didn't listen to the service advisor who told me to go get an aftermarket system put in for $350. And for the icing on the cake the salesman told me if I win the lottery I can then afford to fix the faulty door antenna. I know now that they knew these problems existed before they sold me the car because they were the previous and only owner of this car. It was their service loner.

CadillacSTS42005
07-17-10, 09:24 AM
Call the BBB or Cadillac directly. Shame what happened but never buy on impulse always make sure youre getting the best deal and really want what your buying. The headlamp and door are common issues, the headlamp you could repair yourself but the door will require a new handle + paint to match it.

Pjazz
07-17-10, 09:27 AM
I feel your pain. When buying any used car from a dealer or private owner you have to be prepared to do research on the car on your own. Sometimes it's even worth paying a mechanic to look the car over. I actually worked at a dealership for a short time. From what I could see there was no requirement to learn all the features of the cars.

I was at a Acura Dealer looking at a Used RL and the salesman had no idea how to unlock the trip computer. When I buy a car I always go in knowing the salesman will tell you anything to try an sell a car. It's not always the case ,but it's always good to be on guard. Hope you don't have any further problems. The moisture in the light is a known problem someone posted that the light is a sealed all in one unit and cost about a grand to replace.

EChas3
07-17-10, 12:26 PM
The issue you have with your yellow running lights off & headlights on is probably that you have the rain sensing wipers on. Turn the wipers off & the yellows should come on.

The door handle doesn't cost $400 to fix. Ride them on it.

The headlights aren't vented, they are supposed to be sealed. This site has instructions on a fix but it's a known issue. Do you have any warranty?

If this car was purchased from Boucher in Racine, Wisconsin, they had to provide a disclosure of things wrong with the car. Wisconsin is a consumer protection state but many people aren't aware of all the laws. You should be able to make a case that the headlight is a safety issue. If you saw it before purchase and if it's not disclosed, you may be able to force them to take the car back and refund your money.

Obviously, the salesman doesn't know these cars. Go over his head to the general manager of the dealership. Try to have a calm objective discussion with them about your concerns. If you're a LEO, you know that when people get emotional they are hard to persuade. If you can't get them to pick up the full cost, negotiate.

Maybe you shouldn't have to do this but something is better than nothing.

And enjoy your new car. These things are a blast to drive!

Loren
07-17-10, 01:33 PM
If I were you I'd try to get your posting put in all the local newspapers, maybe in the editorial section, a lot of them will do that
just be sure everything you say is the truth. The dealer in the area where I live has idiots in the service dept. I complained about
my door locks not automatically opening and the service guy looked at me like I was some kind of nut. I told him to walk over to it
and open the trunk, which still worked, no go he couldn't do it. I walked over to it an popped it right open, he was amazed.
They wouldn't believe me when I told them the door handles had to be replaced because the receiver antenna was in them.
Again I got the 'are you nuts" look. I took it to a big dealer in CA on a trip there, they looked at me like I was crazy when
I told them about replacing the door handles. About 9 hours in the shop they finally agreed that was what the problem was.
They wrote up a repair ticket with the part numbers on it for me to take back here to UT to the local dealer. I finally got it fixed.
Next trip over I had the oil changed at the dealer, their Mr Goodwrench special for $39.95 plus a 27 or so point inspection.
They put 10/30 oil in it which won't hurt it other than kill off a mile or two on the gas mileage side. Pissed me off, the oil filler
cap clearly says Mobil 5/30 oil only and so does the owners manual. I know, it's a payoff from Mobil oil. Next trip in I had the tires
rotated and the sensors recalibrated. I clearly told the service manager it had directional tires on it so be sure to rotate
then from to rear. Did they? Hell no, rotated them crossways and two of them had the direction of rotation pointing to the rear.
I threw a fit and they fixed that. I really have no confidence in that dealer at all they're idiots but the next nearest
Caddy dealer is just over 100 miles away. I'd love to put this in the local paper but most of the people in this are are
related in one way or another and it would only cause me more problems that it's worth.

KRSTS
07-17-10, 02:25 PM
If I were you I'd try to get your posting put in all the local newspapers, maybe in the editorial section, a lot of them will do that
just be sure everything you say is the truth. The dealer in the area where I live has idiots in the service dept. I complained about
my door locks not automatically opening and the service guy looked at me like I was some kind of nut. I told him to walk over to it
and open the trunk, which still worked, no go he couldn't do it. I walked over to it an popped it right open, he was amazed.
They wouldn't believe me when I told them the door handles had to be replaced because the receiver antenna was in them.
Again I got the 'are you nuts" look. I took it to a big dealer in CA on a trip there, they looked at me like I was crazy when
I told them about replacing the door handles. About 9 hours in the shop they finally agreed that was what the problem was.
They wrote up a repair ticket with the part numbers on it for me to take back here to UT to the local dealer. I finally got it fixed.
Next trip over I had the oil changed at the dealer, their Mr Goodwrench special for $39.95 plus a 27 or so point inspection.
They put 10/30 oil in it which won't hurt it other than kill off a mile or two on the gas mileage side. Pissed me off, the oil filler
cap clearly says Mobil 5/30 oil only and so does the owners manual. I know, it's a payoff from Mobil oil. Next trip in I had the tires
rotated and the sensors recalibrated. I clearly told the service manager it had directional tires on it so be sure to rotate
then from to rear. Did they? Hell no, rotated them crossways and two of them had the direction of rotation pointing to the rear.
I threw a fit and they fixed that. I really have no confidence in that dealer at all they're idiots but the next nearest
Caddy dealer is just over 100 miles away. I'd love to put this in the local paper but most of the people in this are are
related in one way or another and it would only cause me more problems that it's worth.

Owners manual calls for 5W30 oil of a specific GM spec which Mobile 1 happens to be one of a very few. If you do not use the specified oil, GM can deny a warranty claim, if you have one.:bomb:

Greg00coupe
07-19-10, 01:46 PM
Today unfortunatly you have to be leary or each and every transaction you do. The detioration of the school system coupled with advancing technology is challenging to find good people. Throw in the folks who are truly out to rip you off and it's ugly.

I always change my own oil especially because of the more expensive synethic. But on my wifes car with so many specials she started taking it to the corner quick lube. This worked OK for a while but last time they wanted to replace the air filter and when she told them no they basically did not put it the housing back to gather properly; I found it before the screws came out.

My motto is I can break it for free why pay someone else????