: 1990 Deville Sick with Codes.

Jedrumheller
07-16-10, 09:54 PM
I have a 1990 Deville that has been very good to me. On Sunday the family and I went to church and I had to park the car on a hill with the front of the vehicle pointing down. All was fine until we left church and the car started running very rough. Especially with the A/C on. When I pulled out and started up the hill it started to drag really bad....almost like the car was pulling a train. Kind of felt like a quick jerkiness or vibration in the car. I can put it in Park and gas it and it is fine. I have tried to pull the codes and the only one I keep getting is E96. I initially had thought it was a clogged fuel filter. It doesn't miss and has the same amount of take off power just seems like what I described above.

thanks!

Jedrumheller
07-18-10, 12:45 PM
:( Anyone?

carnut
07-21-10, 10:08 PM
How full was the tank? Whats the fuel pressure reading? How old is the fuel filter? You first say runs very rough but then you say "it doesnt miss" Need more imput! Have or do a fuel pressure test and post back the results.

Jedrumheller
08-07-10, 11:47 PM
Seems like after I removed the gas cap all was well. Replaced the cap and no trouble since. Can a faulty gas cap do that?