: Sat in Naperville Coupe V today

cbloveday
07-15-10, 06:20 PM
I got my first view of a coupe V today. It was the thunder grey one Lavaman drove by at Naperville cadillac.

Looked great as you all know.

-Automatic
-Yellow seat and door inserts with the yellow dash stiching.
I was sad to say the back seat had two cupholders in a row lined with, you guessed it, OBSIDIAN TRIM.
-10.5 rims with 285s stretched on.

I sat in her to mainly see the blind spot. Our sedans have a blind spot and was interested in seeing how the coupe was. As I suspected, visability was not as good.

ericpd
07-15-10, 09:05 PM
I had heard the rear wheels for the coupe picked up some girth,... had no idea it was a full inch over what they gave us sedan owners. Wonder how long it will be before I can find a pair at some of those filthy tire shops out on Route #1 while on my daily runs to Laurel? 10.5's are great, but I'm puzzled as to why they stuck with the 285's,... at least a 295. If I'm not mistaken, 10.5 is good enough for a 305 squeeze,... isn't it?

cbloveday
07-15-10, 11:15 PM
Approved rim for 305/30/19
10.5-11.5"

they do not make a 305/35/19

the stock 285 diameter is 26.9
the 305/30 diameter is 26.3"

THEY WILL FIT FINE BUT YOU WILL HAVE A LARGER THAN STOCK GAP BETWEEN TIRE AND FENDER

Oh speaking of fender, I put my hand under the rear fender to see if there was a lip or fender well and found more clearance than the sedan.
I felt no wheel well plastic. :bouncy:

dvandentop
07-16-10, 12:55 AM
why do they order with the yellow inserts that is some nasty chit

aj660
07-16-10, 04:39 AM
Approved rim for 305/30/19
10.5-11.5"

they do not make a 305/35/19

the stock 285 diameter is 26.9
the 305/30 diameter is 26.3"

THEY WILL FIT FINE BUT YOU WILL HAVE A LARGER THAN STOCK GAP BETWEEN TIRE AND FENDER

Oh speaking of fender, I put my hand under the rear fender to see if there was a lip or fender well and found more clearance than the sedan.
I felt no wheel well plastic. :bouncy:

So does this mean I can lower the Coupe with no problems or does this mean I can't lower it?

Btw, the rear wheel is not 10.5"; it's 10.0"

MReiland
07-16-10, 07:35 AM

It's an option at least, it grew on me pretty fast when I drove a pre-production model.

cbloveday - there is an Outreach program coming soon to Naperville, pretty cool setup, great food, GM employees, Ride & Drives. When I know the dealers and the times I'll post it. I did the Philly one last month and really had a great time out with the customers. We had Chris Berube with a V Coupe there as well as: regular sedans, coupes, and wagons, SRX (Turbo), V Sedan, Escalade Hybrid etc... The V Coupe you could get a ride in but not drive the rest you could drive. Great chance to meet GM employees and tell them what's on your mind! More to Come!

*edit* looks like the dealer gave you the info already in another thread. If you are in the area, I had a great time at the last one.

cbloveday
07-16-10, 07:58 AM
MReiland,

Naperville Cadillac is having that on July 24th.
Gm Executives, Engineers, marketing, and employees will be there for questions and answers. Also, test drives of the cadillac lineup with food, prizes, and fun for whole family. My undertanding is the CTS coupe and V coupe wil be there for hassle free test drives.

I got an invite yesterday to schedule an interview appointment on Saturday.

Event Headquarters at 1-800-869-5876 or email us at GM Outreach Headquarters

odla
07-16-10, 08:26 AM
how do you find an event like this in your own area?

lavaman
07-16-10, 09:52 AM
MReiland,

Naperville Cadillac is having that on July 24th.
Gm Executives, Engineers, marketing, and employees will be there for questions and answers. Also, test drives of the cadillac lineup with food, prizes, and fun for whole family. My undertanding is the CTS coupe and V coupe wil be there for hassle free test drives.

I got an invite yesterday to schedule an interview appointment on Saturday.

Event Headquarters at 1-800-869-5876 or email us at GM Outreach Headquarters

I didn't receive an invite to this event (yet) but was invited the following Monday 7/26 to the Glen Club (Glenview) to test drive the full lineup of Cadillacs & Callaways followed by a walking golf clinic with Luke Donald.

I can bring a guest... Curtis, you want to go?

cbloveday
07-16-10, 11:28 AM
I didn't receive an invite to this event (yet) but was invited the following Monday 7/26 to the Glen Club (Glenview) to test drive the full lineup of Cadillacs & Callaways followed by a walking golf clinic with Luke Donald.

I can bring a guest... Curtis, you want to go?

I got the same invite via email. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend.

I would love to but I have appointments that day. I sincerely, appreciate the invite and would have loved to spend the day with you.

I have already done a clinic with Chip Beck & had a great 2 days a couple of years ago with Daivd Leadbetter and dinner with the pros for the memorial in Ohio. Morgan Staney sponsored the event and they put us up for 2 days and played the alternate course and had dinner with the various radio announcers, Jack Nicholas and his son among other Pros. I took my father and it was the only time I saw him cry.

For those that want info on the cadillac event in your area, see this site.

https://www.cadillacclinics.com/home.aspx?cid=SecondEmailChicago

lavaman
07-16-10, 01:10 PM
I got the same invite via email. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend.

I would love to but I have appointments that day. I sincerely, appreciate the invite and would have loved to spend the day with you.

I have already done a clinic with Chip Beck & had a great 2 days a couple of years ago with Daivd Leadbetter and dinner with the pros for the memorial in Ohio. Morgan Staney sponsored the event and they put us up for 2 days and played the alternate course and had dinner with the various radio announcers, Jack Nicholas and his son among other Pros. I took my father and it was the only time I saw him cry.

For those that want info on the cadillac event in your area, see this site.

https://www.cadillacclinics.com/home.aspx?cid=SecondEmailChicago

The 2 day clinic sounds like it was a blast!
This 1/2 day event does sound pretty cool though and I think I'll go. Too bad you couldn't make it. Some other time.

BTW the modification bug bit me. I'm expecting a UPS delivery today....

cbloveday
07-16-10, 04:17 PM
This 1/2 day event does sound pretty cool though and I think I'll go. Too bad you couldn't make it. Some other time.

Ok, Now that is just wrong.............:rant2:

You gotta tell me what your doing.

lavaman
07-17-10, 11:03 AM

Ok, Now that is just wrong.............:rant2:

You gotta tell me what your doing.

When I'm done I'll have: 160 t-stat, solid coupler, 9.5 lower, B & B cat back, my own CAI "twist" utilizing W4M tubes & filter w/ Airaid's isolation box and Jesse's tunes. :bouncy:

Only things not installed are the exhaust, pulley & updated tunes. I'm still waiting for the exhaust and tunes, but I'm going to install the pulley Monday and run the 255 upper tune till the new ones come. No time to wrench this weekend.

cbloveday
07-17-10, 10:48 PM
Outstanding! Your gonna love those mods. :thumbsup:

mugatu22
07-17-10, 11:25 PM

Because there's a mid-west 'neck designer for GM that thinks it looks "pimp." Same with the uglyass colored leather inserts on the Corvettes. :cookoo:

concorso
07-18-10, 12:48 PM
Because there's a mid-west 'neck designer for GM that thinks it looks "pimp." Same with the uglyass colored leather inserts on the Corvettes. :cookoo:Does the optional color really bother you that much? Personally I think it looks great, and Im not a midwest 'neck or a pimpwannabee. Im surprised that most of the CoupeV's at dealerships have this option tho. Im also surprised that yellow is the only color they are offering... Id love a dark grey interior with yellow and white piping.

mugatu22
07-18-10, 04:48 PM
Yes it does bother me that much, it's obnoxious and seems classless. I enjoy contrasting piping/stitching, but GM is one of the few auto makers who installs obnoxious contrasting inserts in doors & seats. I found the older AMG E55 class blue/black insert seats obnoxious as well. They didn't last.

The Sham WOW yellow inserts just look silly IMO.

khoeysr
07-19-10, 12:49 PM
That's why we love America. Everybody can have an opinion.

Personally, I think the only application for the saffron inserts (on ebony) is on a black raven coupe ( which I have on order). I just can't get with it on the other colors, but the General sure can.