: 07 Navigation/GPS Issue

Havasusteve
07-15-10, 10:29 AM
I have a 07 Escalade ESV w/ the latest 2010 navigation DVD. The issue is extremely slow response in current position identification and the gps seems to have our location off by approximately 50-75 feet, which creates havoc on the turn by turn directional system.

I have had it to the dealer twice for this issue. 1st experience: "Unable to Duplicate"

Second experience: "Unable to Duplicate" (official response) but they did install a metal plate under the GPS antenna as per GM which is suppose to eliminate interference issues. I believe this has actually accentuated my problem.

My gut says its a GPS issue, but wondering if the 2010 firmware update has anything to do with it?

Its my wifes car and she has bit---d about the Nav's poor performance since we have had it. I actually bought the 2010 disc hoping that it was a firmware issue and would fix the problem.

I have searched and am not aware of this issue being addressed on this Board. I plan on taking it back and personally demonstarting the issue with the SM if necessary.

Has anyone else had to deal with this issue?

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts

hcvone
07-15-10, 10:55 AM
My 07's were off about 50 feet, it would show the back roads were my winter home is and the arrow (truck) was off the road according to the nav, my 09' and 10's do not do that, they are were they are suppose to be, if that makes sense. I did not have the 10's when I had the 07's but did have the 09'. Talked to a few service people and they could not offer any answers

dzar
07-20-10, 12:39 AM
I've driven three different brand vehicles with OEM nav. units along with five portable units, and the GM unit in the 'lade is, bar far, the worst (and not the oldest unit). It's slow to start up, slow to update one's position, slow to enter data (the most annoying thing) and gets the vehicle off the road way too much (on roads that are a few years old). I suspect this is a data/software problem, but it's not gotten any better in the three disks I've had ('07, '08 and '09). From your report, I'm not looking forward to '10. Ugh...

Keep us posted if you find a solution or hear something new about the cause.