: Power windows, door locks, Mirrors and Radio won't shut off

deerawn
07-14-10, 10:49 PM
So i get out of my car yesterday and the radio wont go off. i get out of the car and go back in after 10 minutes. It smelled like something was burning in the car. i later find out that the power windows, power door locks, mirror and everything on the driver side is not working.

I brought it into cadillac today and they say it might be the window module. I seem to think it has something to do with the heated wiper system that hasn't been removed yet. Shorting out the ground wire. Any suggestons?
Please help!!

hcvone
07-15-10, 07:47 AM
So i get out of my car yesterday and the radio wont go off. i get out of the car and go back in after 10 minutes. It smelled like something was burning in the car. i later find out that the power windows, power door locks, mirror and everything on the driver side is not working.

I brought it into cadillac today and they say it might be the window module. I seem to think it has something to do with the heated wiper system that hasn't been removed yet. Shorting out the ground wire. Any suggestons?
Please help!!

Sound like what happened to my neighbor and his was a window module, there is a lot going on in that location where the window switches are. Although I think his may have something to do with leaving the drivers window open during a rain storm ;)