: Took delivery of my 2009 CTS-V Hybrid Yesterday

Just Enough
07-14-10, 11:49 PM
Hi All. What a great car. I am trying to get it certified as a Hybrid under the pretense that it burns gas and rubber. Hopefully California will respect this and let me fly in the carpool lane. I have previously owned an 02 Z06, an 06 ZO6 an 06 Viper and now the 09V. The V is like having them all in a no compromise in comfort package. The Z cars lacked interior sophistication, the Viper was warm and attracted mega attention, constant cars on the highway taking pictures of it. I always purchase my cars used and the V is no different, very low miles, silver, Racaros, 6L90 and alcantra wheel. Looking forward to spending some time here. Purchased from Sewell in Texas and had it shipped. Sewell was an absolute pleasure to deal with, unlike any other dealer I have done business with.

digital1021
07-15-10, 12:19 AM
Congrats and welcome!

~ Matt

nradcad
07-15-10, 12:51 AM
Glad to have ya!

baabootoo
07-15-10, 02:04 AM
Used means no gas guzzler tax either. Smart guy!

mugatu22
07-15-10, 02:19 AM
Welcome to the board. Your hybrid explanation made me laugh :D

Gary Wells
07-15-10, 05:57 AM
Welcome to the biggest & the best of the Cadillac forums. Lots of stand-up peeps on here. Are you in So Kali or Nor Kali?

neuronbob
07-15-10, 07:19 AM
HAHAHAHA! What a great explanation for "hybrid." I needed the laugh this AM. Welcome aboard...

newcadman
07-15-10, 09:36 AM
Congratulations and welcome aboard.

Would you mind if I asked what the shipping costs (enclosed trailer or not?) were from Texas to you in Kali and what was the mileage was on the V?

Thanks and enjoy both the V and the forum!

Domsz06
07-15-10, 09:55 AM
welcome aboard and your hybrid is riot! ;)

your car sounds just like mine ;) You will love it!

asabase
07-15-10, 10:09 AM
Dodge ran that joke as a commercial for the SRT8 Challenger when it came out. Of course the eco weenies had a fit.

Just Enough
07-15-10, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, I am in Northern Cal, Livermore.

oneman42
07-15-10, 10:43 AM
I am probably couple of months behind you waiting to buy an used one as well. I can not send you a private message but please send me more details of your deal like color, mileage and price at gcoman at telus dot net.
Thanks,
Oneman42

OldRoadDawg
07-15-10, 10:44 AM
I am trying to get it certified as a Hybrid under the pretense that it burns gas and rubber.
Since Vs are few and far between where I live... I did the 'pretense' idea so that I could hang out with the Prius car club. :rolleyes: j/k

I drove my '04V to the Cadillac Driving event at Monticello 2 yrs ago and parked it next to a newly released Escalade Hybrid with manufacturer plates.

It was fun watching the double-takes and the "WTF?" comments as folks walked past before they figured out my little ruse.

Florian
07-15-10, 11:28 AM
sheesh, that old gag? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

F

Just Enough
07-15-10, 09:55 PM

Would you mind if I asked what the shipping costs (enclosed trailer or not?) were from Texas to you in Kali and what was the mileage was on the V?

Thanks and enjoy both the V and the forum!

I used United Road, they were a good company with a single driver for the entire trip, the car was never unloaded until it arrived. Cost was a little over $800 for the transport not enclosed. I had the dealer photo the mileage before it left and it changed less than 2 miles which included a couple of blocks driving from a nearby park where the semi could park to my home. Enclosed doubled the price. My car has a little over 2000 miles on it. Basically brand new, the absolutely only sign of use is a scratch on the gloss black surround under the shifter, where it looked like someone set the keys on it.

Just Enough
07-15-10, 10:04 PM
I am probably couple of months behind you waiting to buy an used one as well. I can not send you a private message but please send me more details of your deal like color, mileage and price at gcoman at telus dot net.
Thanks,
Oneman42

The color is silver, the milage is a little over 2000. Search Autotrader, Craigs List, Ebay, Yahoo Autos and the rest and you will get a feel for the pricing of used 2009s. Mid fifties price on my deal, and I don't mean to sound standoffish but my deal is exactly that, my deal. Your negotiating skills may be better of worse than mine not to mention every dealer has a different bottom line of what they can flip the car for so don't place too much on that number.

lawnstripes
07-15-10, 11:03 PM
welcome-- great forum and as u know a great car

thebigjimsho
07-24-10, 10:20 PM
Dodge ran that joke as a commercial for the SRT8 Challenger when it came out. Of course the eco weenies had a fit.
Yeah, that is old...