: Reasonable Purchase Price

Swiftee
07-14-10, 08:02 PM
I am getting so frustrated in trying to find a good deal on a new 2010 SRX. The 2011's will be at dealers in 6 to 8 weeks and I am inclined to wait unless I get a very good deal. One SRX has an MSRP $40,630 and the dealer said he was giving me a very good deal (well below invoice were his words) at $38,630. Basically we're looking at a Luxury Model with Navigation. It seems the salesmen are being less than forthcoming with the invoice pricing. I feel like they are lying to me and not sure how to confront them nicely. SHould I take an Edmunds SRX invoice or some other starting point paperwork to begin the negotiations ? I just feel I am being "had" . We will probably do an email blast outlining what we want and then let 4 local dealers duke it out. WHat is the maximum I should pay (invoice being the base) for a 2010 Luxury Gold Mist SRX with navigation? Is it resonable to try for $100 to $200 BELOW invoice?

Razorecko
07-16-10, 11:31 AM
I'd say it depends on what your'e looking for. If you're looking at the top of the line turbo premium it might be harder to bargain because they are far and few and probally in good demand. If you're going more for a base v6 you could def work with them

bobarry
07-16-10, 12:02 PM
I just got a new SRX Performance and love it. However I don't feel I was able to do much 'bartering'. That model must be in high demand, even though I haven't seen a single one on the road yet. :)

I read the '11s will have the remote keyless option available on all models and they will include the maintenance program which I paid $600 for.

I started looking at the Lincoln MRX and they offered big discounts, but at the same time were pushing the cheaper Ford 'look-a-like' hard. I don't think they are selling well. I'm glad I coughed up more for the Caddy.

Good luck.
Bo

lovey8592
07-16-10, 01:58 PM
Depending on the model and options (base engine vs turbo), I don't think there is a lot of wiggle room on the price of the SRX. That being said, some dealers are willing to work harder than others. If you feel uncomfortable in any way, I definitely would look to another dealership. Another factor for me was the service dept. I would be willing to pay a little more for the car if they had a superior service dept because you're going to be dealing with them a lot more than the salesman. Good luck!!

lovey8592
07-16-10, 01:59 PM
BTW, I was looking at the MKX as well. But after test driving both, there was just really no comparison.

smiley47
07-16-10, 02:32 PM
I am getting so frustrated in trying to find a good deal on a new 2010 SRX. The 2011's will be at dealers in 6 to 8 weeks and I am inclined to wait unless I get a very good deal. One SRX has an MSRP $40,630 and the dealer said he was giving me a very good deal (well below invoice were his words) at $38,630. Basically we're looking at a Luxury Model with Navigation. It seems the salesmen are being less than forthcoming with the invoice pricing. I feel like they are lying to me and not sure how to confront them nicely. SHould I take an Edmunds SRX invoice or some other starting point paperwork to begin the negotiations ? I just feel I am being "had" . We will probably do an email blast outlining what we want and then let 4 local dealers duke it out. WHat is the maximum I should pay (invoice being the base) for a 2010 Luxury Gold Mist SRX with navigation? Is it resonable to try for $100 to $200 BELOW invoice?

If you can wait, I would definitely wait. If they're not offering big discounts on the 2010 and given the multitude of 2011 software upgrades, numerous parts fixes and upgrades (that we don't even know about yet) as well as the maintenence program, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

cazzara02
07-16-10, 02:36 PM
Will the 11's have the same financing as the 10's?

algiorda
07-16-10, 07:55 PM
There are quite a few incentives going on right now:

1. 3 Month end your lease early

2. SRX Summer's Best Sales Event1 Expires: 09/07/10 0%APR/36mos

My dealer is currently selling a Luxury Model for $38,235 I was able to get him to throw in the Navigation unit and extended Warranty.

bobarry
07-16-10, 07:55 PM
Depending on the model and options (base engine vs turbo), I don't think there is a lot of wiggle room on the price of the SRX. That being said, some dealers are willing to work harder than others. If you feel uncomfortable in any way, I definitely would look to another dealership. Another factor for me was the service dept. I would be willing to pay a little more for the car if they had a superior service dept because you're going to be dealing with them a lot more than the salesman. Good luck!!

Thanks for the feedback. No bad feelings here about my dealer- they are the closest, will be servicing my Sky, and are one of the 'canceled' dealers that appealed and got to stay open. I'm hoping their service is as good as Saturn's.

I was misled or disappointed because of all the discounts/rebates of other cars that I'm not interested in, and was hoping here. I did get 1.9% (not 0%) financing so I saved a bit.

Your car color sounds interesting - I haven't seen but one SRX and it was the same as mine. The driver had the window OPEN in our 98 degree weather.
Bo

embassy
07-17-10, 03:55 AM
Just did a price comparison between a Premium SRX in Canada and the US. With taking today's exchange rate into consideration, the same vehicle in Canada is $10,000 (MSRP) more expensive. Ouch. That is a lot of money for getting a spare tire, a smokers kit, a block heater, and 4 years of no charge maintenance. I will say it again - ouch!

Current GMAC finance rates in Canada are 4.9% compared to 1.9% in the US for 5 years.

What I don't know is how much of a deal off MSRP can you get in the US? The latest deal in Canada was "employee pricing" which means that I just got factory invoice price. This was just a shade over $5K off MSRP, but I then got additional cash rebates of $3K for a total of just over $8K off MSRP. So, is the spare tire that we get plus 4 years of maintenance = $2K plus?

But 3% difference in interest rate is a bit of a kicker.

lovey8592
07-17-10, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback. No bad feelings here about my dealer- they are the closest, will be servicing my Sky, and are one of the 'canceled' dealers that appealed and got to stay open. I'm hoping their service is as good as Saturn's.

I was misled or disappointed because of all the discounts/rebates of other cars that I'm not interested in, and was hoping here. I did get 1.9% (not 0%) financing so I saved a bit.

Your car color sounds interesting - I haven't seen but one SRX and it was the same as mine. The driver had the window OPEN in our 98 degree weather.
Bo
Bo, I got the dealers competing against each other and they gave me written estimates. I took that to the dealer of my choice and told him if he could beat the deal, he could have the business and he did. I only wanted to use that dealer because they give free car washes! :-) But your financing beats mine anyday! ;) And I can relate about all the incentives going on. When I went to look at the MKX, I thought it was a great deal until I found out it was for a practically base model and after you add in all the goodies, the prices were very similar.

Thanks, the interior colors work really nice together. I love it because it's so different. I've had cars before where I love the outside but the inside is just blah. Not with this baby! Everytime I get in, I fall in love just a little bit more! :-)

bobarry
07-17-10, 08:38 PM
Well I got only $1k off the sticker price, bluebook value for my car, and 1.9% financing. But we are very happy and will get it paid off if I live long enough.

Maybe the higher Canadian price is due to NAFTA paperwork - hauling the car from its origin in Mexico to Canada. :)

Bo

TheCaptain
07-18-10, 01:48 PM
Well I got only $1k off the sticker price, bluebook value for my car, and 1.9% financing. But we are very happy and will get it paid off if I live long enough.

Maybe the higher Canadian price is due to NAFTA paperwork - hauling the car from its origin in Mexico to Canada. :)

Bo

Well, whatever it was, it still was a bit of a :kick: but dealing with all the paperwork to get a vehicle over the border was a bit more of a :banghead: for me. I figured i would just suck it up and buy Canadian.