: Baby Seat?

cazzara02
07-14-10, 01:03 PM
Does anyone currently have a baby seat in their SRX? If so is there enough room for one or does the front seat have to be pushed way up?

Bee iLL
07-14-10, 01:24 PM
Its a REAL TIGHT fit. We have a baby carrier for our 4 month old and the passenger seat needs to be pretty much all they way forward to allow the carrier to snap into the base. I also have a Car seat for my 2 and a half year old behind my drivers seat. You get about 1-2 feet more room than the carrier, which is ok for me. However, I did have to turn off Easy Exit as it would have crushed my sons feet if left on.

cazzara02
07-14-10, 01:41 PM
With the seat all the way forward is it still a comfortable ride for the passanger? My wife are on the verge of buying an SRX and will be starting our family soon so we are trying to figure everything out. How is it for storage when traveling with stroller, etc...??

loopcatcher
07-14-10, 02:39 PM
We have a 10-month old...There is still enough room for the front seat passenger and two adults in the back.
I will admit, if you have two people who are, say, portly, that's gonna be a tough fit:crowded: in the back with the baby seat.
We mix it up..The aunt rides in the front....momma and grandma ride in the back.
We can also carry his ExerSaucer and his smaller stroller in back.
If we use his regular stroller, we have to leave the ExerSaucer home.

cazzara02
07-14-10, 02:52 PM
Great! I appreciate the help. I am just affraid that it may be too small with the baby and all of the other things but it sounds like it will fit mostly everything in there.

Cyn385
07-14-10, 03:36 PM
I have a Britax Marathon for my 11 month old in the passenger side...If the person sitting in the front is short like me (5'3") they shouldn't have a problem. But that's a pretty big car seat and she's still rear facing so yeah the seat has to be up quite a bit...I also carry her Graco stroller that came with the Graco car seat in the back and still have enough room for groceries. But the dealership will let you test drive with the baby's seat in the car, so give it a try first to see how you'll like it!

davdat
07-15-10, 02:27 AM
If you pull on the handle top of the rear seat on the 2010 SRX the rear seat will recline a little and give the baby seat alittle more room from the front seatback. I had my 20 month old grandaughter with me when I took delivery of my fully 2010 loaded SRX and she loves watching the built in DVD players in the rear seats. Plenty of room for her and grand ma in the back. The rear seats do partly recline. Thanks for this very informitive site, enjoy reading and learning...